inumaki x fem!reader • of love and dispair

Word Count: 4375

Thank you to @Ejmuksan for requesting!

Imma make the words in Japanese because that's how I know them as... also we're gonna forget what happened in the Shibuya arc for the storie's sake.

You drowned out the voices of my friends as you watched from afar. Okkotsu, Maki, and Panda were discussing last night's mission, mainly Maki insulting Gojo, and Okkotsu trying to salvage his sensei's dignity. 

As much as you appreciated Gojo-sensei you had to agree with Maki that he was a total idiot. Sometimes.

Funny calling him sensei anymore. It wasn't like any of you were in school anymore. You've all recently graduated and were now full fledged shamans. 

But you were distracted as you watched someone else. He had a hand in his pocket as he stood leisurely. The sudden gust of wind lifted not only your skirt, which you hastily flattened down for your dignity's sake, but ruffled his fluffy off-white hair. The arm that wasn't reaching out halted its movements as he took his left hand out to run a hand through his hair. 

The movement so simple yet it had you holding your breath, your stomach feeling something unfamiliar, but not yet enough to show any evidence on your cheeks. 

Perhaps the hilarious part about all this was that he was doing the mundane of things. Watering the Jujutsu Tech gardens. And yet he did it with his own grace. 

"L/N? L/NNNNN you there?" Maki arched a brow at her friend. Maki was a woman who liked to solve her own problems, finding the hypothesis first, then ask questions later. Her black eyes travelled from her friend's own e/c ones to the figure of another silent friend. Silent was such an ironic term for him.

"Oh? You staring at Inumaki?" By the time the ravenette finished her question her face was starting to branch into a smirk. 

"Huh? I–what?" You snapped your neck to face her, now a sly grin on her face, Okkotsu with his own beaming smile, happy that his friend had found their own true love. 

What?!

"Inumaki. You were staring at him right?" Maki lightly nudged her friend, which actually felt like a shove with the girl's sheer strength. 

Did it require you to finally get caught to actually get some blood running to your cheeks?

"I was not!"

Maki leaned her head back, tilting her head back, unconvinced. "Yeah right. He's the only thing in your eye-line."

"I was staring at–" your eyes purposefully shot in his direction this time, trying to find something normal to rest your eyes on. Curse him for standing alone. You blurted out the only other thing there that you could say. "–the flowers. Wouldn't mind being a plant mom...y'know?" You doubted you sounded that convincing. 

"Really? You serious..." Maki stared at you knowingly. But you only nodded your head. "Then why don't you get a closer look." Then she proceeded to push you in his direction. 

You stumbled over, being this close to knocking him over. "I–um..." you did a stupid dance to keep yourself from toppling over. But the movement was enough to catch Inumaki's attention. 

"Konbu," he raised a hand in greeting. Your eyes were wide as you stared up at him, but attained your composure again to say a greeting back. 

"Hi Inumaki-san," you say sheepishly. Why sheepishly? What did you have to be ashamed of? Oh just the fact that you embarrassed yourself in front of your crush.