~Chapter One~

Rory's POV

I wake up and get into my school uniform and I go into my mums room. (Lorelai). I go up to her and she's still asleep "mum wake up" I say shaking her but she just groans and rolls over but falls off the bed. "Ouch" She says getting up and rubs her eyes.

Lorelai's POV

I Go in the shower and I get changed. "Do you have to go to school, I want to spend the day with you" I say while doing my hair and Rory shakes her head at me. "Mum you know I have to go to school, its the law" Rory states eating her breakfast. "Okay, but after school, lets go to Lukes Diner" I say and she nods. "How do I look?" I say showing her my outfit. "Beautiful" Rory says smiling. "aww thanks" I say and kiss her forehead. "You seem In a good mood" Rory says as I dance while making breakfast. "yep, today Michel is going to be dressed as a clown for a kids birthday party at the Inn and I'm so excited to see him embarrassed" I say laughing and Rory laughs. "make sure you take pictures" Rory says and I show her my camera. "Check" I say and we both get up and I take Rory to school. I go to the shop and I see Luke in there so I sneak behind him. "BOOO" I shout and he jumps and I laugh. "you actual-" He starts but then stops himself from swearing and I cannot stop laughing. "Your soul nearly left your body" I tease. "It did not" He argues with a slight smile on his face.

Fast forward to 3:30PM

I'm in Lukes Diner waiting for Rory to come back from school and Luke comes over to me with Coffee. "Thanks" I say and I start to drink the coffee. "Coffee is really bad for you" Luke tells me and I nod. "so you have said many times" I say smirking. "that's because its true" He says rolling his eyes and walks away ,and Rory comes in looking upset. "Hey what's wrong sweetie" I ask while Rory sits opposite me. "I got a B in Music" Rory tells me. "so?" I ask. "Mum I got a B!" She repeats saying it more clearly. "yeah I heard you but why is that bad?" I ask while drinking my coffee. "Mum I'm meant to get As not Bs!, I go to Chilton and they want good grades. And I don't want to let you down" She says upset and I place my hand on hers. "Rory, you don't need to get As all the time. I'm happy with whatever you get so long as you try" I state and she slowly nods. "okay but what am I meant to tell Grandpa and Grandma" She asks and I shake my head. "just don't tell them that you had a assessment at all" I suggest. "yeah good idea" Rory admits and I let go of her hand and Luke gives Rory tea because he knows she likes it. "On the house" Luke tells Rory and she smiles at him. Luke sits on the seat next to me and Rory and drinks his orange juice lol. "Guess what mum" Rory says excitedly. "what" I as excitedly back and Luke is watching me. "I saw dad today!" Rory tells me and as soon as she says that my heart stops and my smile drops and I feel like I cant breath properly. Luke looks at me worriedly and Rory doesn't notice luckily. "t-that's g-good Rory" I say trying to cover my nervousness. Luke is looking at me trying to figure out what's going on but I don't say anything because I am to in shock. "He says that he wants to come and see both of us" She says. "NO" I quickly shout causing everyone to look at me and Luke puts his hand on my hand and I take my hand away and take a deep breath. "All I meant was not yet ummm he's probably busy" I say and Rory shakes her head. "no he said that he's not" Rory says. "then I'm busy, right I'm going home are you getting the bus or I can take you" I say standing up. "I'm going to lanes" Rory says and walks out and I start to walk to the door but Luke grabs my arm and I flinch, he obviously sees that I flinch so he lets go. "Lorelai what's going on" He asks concerned. "Nothing" I say crossing my arms. "Lorelai why are you scared of him" He asks and I push back tears. "I'm not, I'm fine" I say and I walk out and I get in my car and go to my house.