One Night Stand!

"Mom you're coming to my final game of the year tonight night right?", Tuck asked walking into his mother's room.

"Yes baby ima make it", Miranda said exhausted turning over in bed. For weeks Miranda had been feeling horrible and she didn't know why.

Tuck sat down on her bed and rubbed her back. "Mom do you resent having me?"

"No baby. Why would you say that?", she said sitting up stroking his cheek with her hand.

"Because you haven't been happy for a long time and I know it's because you and dad chose to stay together until I graduated high school. Mom I hate to see you miserable and unhappy. Why did you stay with dad for so long only for me?"

Miranda's eyes watered up. "Honestly it's really hard to explain baby except when you love your kids you'll do anything, but when you have kids in the far far future please make sure your sanity and happiness is just as important as your kids...okay?"

"Okay mom!"

"Now go get ready for school and I'll see you later at the game tonight okay."

"Okay mom", Tuck said getting up and walking out.

Miranda laid back down too fast and felt nauseous instantly getting back up to run to the bathroom to throw up. "Shit!", Miranda cried wiping her face. "No I can't be."

Miranda got up and looked under the sink for a pregnancy test. She sat on the toilet and peed on the stick.

After a few minutes she checked the test and it read positive. "Oh God noooo", Miranda cried into her hands  while still sitting on the toilet.

After throwing up again Miranda finally pulled herself together and got ready for work.

"Hey Bailey! You okay? You've been in the on call room or bathroom all day pretty much and you've barely ate anything at lunch", Callie asked.

By the time Miranda looked up into Callie's eyes she was already crying. "I'm pregnant Callie."

"What? By who? Since when?"

"Who else Callie? There's no one else in my life and there hasn't been anyone new."

"Oooh dammnn Miranda...how'd that happen?"

Miranda blew out her breath. "One night after Tuck's game he stayed over and I was in my feelings and so on", she cried more wiping her tears away.

"So yall officially separated or divorced?"

"We're getting a divorce Callie, it's over. The agreement was until Tuck graduated high school to make things easier for him."

"Well what are you going to do with the baby?"

"What do you mean? I'm going to keep it."

"Oh excuse me I didn't know anyone was in here", a gentleman with a nice voice said and Miranda didn't even bulge to look up.

"Hey Warren! No you're good, just helping out with a friend", Callie said then started to smile. "Hey Warren you got a minute I need to ask you something before you leave us again", she said going after him. "Miranda you're going to be okay? I'll be back soon."

"Yeah I'm fine Callie go on. I need to get ready to go to Tuck's game anyway."

Miranda went to the lockers to go change back into her regular clothes and then headed to game.

"COME ON TUCK LET'S GO!....NUMBER 32", the stands, Miranda and his other teammates on the bench yelled.

Everyone tensed up as the last few seconds on the clock timed out just before Tuck shot the winning shot scoring the highest in the finals.