Part 9: MEET THE PARENTS part 1

Dedicated to CEIT - 05-201A

The days went by quickly. I didn't felt that I was a prisoner because he always find time to cater to my every need (even the silliest one, which I could say that he was really thoughtful). I also had the opportunity to get to know him better.

I was able to look at every room and to go wherever I want. I was amaze on how big his house is! It has 12 bedrooms, 2 theater room, a pool, a game room, a huge library, a botanical garden, and a laboratory which has a room for a mini clinic but it still has its own homey feeling and the people in his mansion are very friendly. I know that I shouldn't feel this but I feel like I'm a princess! And I love it. Showered me with gifts and beautiful dresses which fits to my taste. He always takes care of me. I think I'm having a crush on him! I told to myself while we are heading to the garden for some breakfast.

He was also kind enough to get all my things from my house and assured me that this is for my safety. He also talked to the administrator of my school so I wouldn't be left behind with my lessons.

"So, do you have any idea why there are a lot of missing students in the campus?" I couldn't help myself because I'm really worried and I would love to know the real reason behind it. I know that the school is covering up something.

"You will soon know, and I will tell you when your parents will get here. I just don't want to repeat to them what I'm going to tell to you and I hope that you will agree"

I just nod because I was already looking at the garden. It was very beautiful! I was like a kid chasing butterflies! There are also a lot of varieties of flowers: roses of different colors, different colors of carnations, jasmine, tulips, and some that I didn't know.

"You have a beautiful garden" was all I said after a few seconds

"I would love to lay in your garden" it was a childish request but I know that he wouldn't mind.

" no one's stopping you my love " he said with I smile.

I immediately run to the bed of flowers. I saw him sipping his coffee and while smiling at me. I know that he might think that I was too childish but hey! I'm still 17!

After my childish play in the garden, Conn advised to head inside to prepare for my parents. He asked me the food and drinks that my parents preferred and then allowed me to take a bath.

I will have my birthday in just days. I was already planning the details and of course, my exhibit for the gala.

I should call my friends, I missed them already. As I entered the bathroom and prepared to prepare the tub, I noticed that my skin is whiter, more like porcelain. I was looking closely to my hands. Then I felt that my back was itching. I tried to touch my back but I felt a sticky stuff, I look at it and it was... blood! I hurried to the bathroom mirror to check then I was shock to see that my back was bleeding! "oh god!"

Sudden pain...an excruciating pain is in my back, as if something will come out in my back! It hurts so much that I started yelling and forming into a ball. "Conn!"

As I was calling him, I heard someone hurried to get inside and smashed the door because I closed it earlier. Then I smelled it: though my back is hurting, I could not take my mind off to the beautiful smell. Its masculine but there's still a hint of sweetness. I'm already addicted to it!

I feel that I'm going to black out "Love, I'm here what happen?" I was trying to look at him. I can see the concern and love in his eyes (now, I didn't know when I can tell someone's emotion) "Conn, please help me. It hurt so much!" he turned and saw my back was bleeding. Then, he was silent "Love, you can do this" he was trying to comfort me, saying sweet words while kissing my head, then I heard him "your beautiful. Your wings are as beautiful as you" I was surprise and puzzled on what he had said but I didn't have the energy as I started to faint.

Conn's POV

"Conn!"

I hurried to Anica's room as I heard her scream. I was scared that someone was able to enter my house and hurt her. I immediately smashed the door like paper not thinking if its unlock or not. I could find her in the bed or the walk in closet so I went straight to the bathroom, then, my heart was like hit by daggers when I saw my love in the floor crying. "Love, I'm here what happen?" I was worried because she was crying like something hurts like hell. "Conn, please help me. It hurt so much!" she was crying, my heart was crushing as I see her cry. I look at her body to see what she meant, then I so the reason: her wings are growing. She has wings! My love is a supernatural like me! I tried to say sweet things to comfort her, as her wings are fully grown, they are beautiful and unique. In my whole life, I thought it was a myth, a creature with violet wings with a touch of black and gold and at the end; it looks like a feather of a peacock. Now, she was glowing and her hair started to change to color white and light gold, and her eyes changed from brown to violet. It only one thing: she is special. And maybe that is also the reason why she have no idea what she is.

I called Amelia, one of my trusted servants to take care of Anica and told her that my love needs a lot of rest.

I still prepared for the arrival of Anica's parents. Now, I'm more curious on what they really are. And why they didn't tell their "daughter" who she really is.