Chapter 4: Acceptance

2012 February 5th

(Y/N).s POV

I was walking through the corridor, looking for the training room. I finally found it and as I went in, I saw another guy, sitting on the floor, that looked about my age. We had eye contact as I opened the door. I went to one of the walls and placed down my bag there. The atmosphere was so awkward since we didn't know each other.

I looked back to see him using his phone. I hesitated for a while as I decided whether to talk first or let this awkwardness drag on. I took a deep breath and finally talked.

"I'm Y/N" I said as I smile

As I introduced myself, he looked back to and gave me a confused face before realizing that I introduced myself.

"Oh! I'm...Jungkook" He smiled and I smiled back.

"Where are the others?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I don't know...I came here and just started training myself" He replied and nodded.

"Want to practice together?" I asked and he looked at me before smiling and nodding.

We practiced together for about an hour or so. We also got to know more about each other. He was really fun to talk to even though he was quite shy. I mean, I am too as I really found it hard to make new friends in new places. He really danced and sang well.

We were now sitting on the floor again while our backs were against the wall. He showed me funny things he found on the internet and they were really funny. I felt happy as I haven't had a friend like this before due to my strict parents not allowing me to have any because they kept saying that I should focus on my studies and that having friends was just a distraction.

I opened up to him about that topic as well and he sympathized with me and promised that I didn't have to worry about that anymore as he reassured me that he'll be my friend.

-Two months later-

April 8th 2012

Me and Jungkook got closer, he was like a brother I never had, he also introduced me into his friend group, I had never felt so welcomed. It felt as if I had a new family and I loved it, normally they would be with us practicing

But Right now we were at JYP because Bighit didn't have enough training rooms for all of us trainees. We were currently sitting down after training for hours.

"Hey, I'm going to get us more water. Okay?" I said and he nodded.

I left the room and walked through the corridor. I headed down towards the cafeteria. I bought us one more bottle of water each and decided to head back. Call me stupid but...Did I just forget where our room is?

I looked at the doors that I passed by and saw the room 302015. I tried remembering if it was the right one so I decided to just head in. I went in with my eyes closed and as I got in, I slowly opened my eyes to see a short girl with short hair looking at me confused.

"Oh my...I'm so sorry" I said as I turned back to the door to open it but I heard the girl chuckle behind me.

"It's okay! I'm Chaeyoung" She smiled as she raised her hand while showing her dimple.

"Oh my I remember you!! You wandered into my grandmothers garden and we ended up picking strawberries!!" She said as she quickly got exited

I looked at her with a questioner look in my face as I tried to remember who she was