Chapter 1: News

"A bikaku is dynamic and can be used in many ways, (bikaku meaning shining tail) typically has a tail-like appearance and is released around the tail-bone." I started sketching an outline of a bikaku piercing through the air towards a rinkaku.

"It is best for medium-distance attacks and has decent offense, defense and speed but it has no notable strengths or weaknesses. Take note that this specific kagune has inspired quinques because of its stability and versatility." I finished writing but added a small note in the margins saying "Ukaku's speed will overwhelm the slower bikaku."

I then shut the notebook and grabbed my house keys. Yosuke was out cold on the couch by the time I had gotten inside.

"YOSUKE WE'VE GOT WORK." I pushed my knuckles into my right palm resulting in a loud "crack"

"w-wait Cho just five more minutes, please." Yosuke muttered into his pillow. I stomped towards him and tore off the blanket that was formerly covering his naked torso.

"Nope. But guess what!" I said cheerfully and dragged his large frame off the couch.

"The world better be ending for you to be waking me up this early, Cho."

"Close but not exactly." I had achieved lifting him up and I walked into the kitchen and over to the fridge to choose a kidney from the medical container and chucked it at Yosuke as soon as I entered the living room again.

My partner was hit smack in the face which resulted in him screaming a bit and his normally regal face to twist into one of a crying child's.

"YOU DONT JUST THROW ORGANS AT PEOPLE." Yosuke yelled at me but he picked the kidney up anyway and unwrapped the plastic surrounding it.

Turning back around to the kitchen I could vaguely hear Yosuke biting into the organ while sitting back onto the couch to turn the news on.

This is going to be exciting. I thought and clapped my hands together once, a feeling like something was slithering into my stomach made me lean against my granite counters and smile.

I quickly grabbed some caramel flavored coffee out of the cupboard then started to make Yosuke's favorite drink.

"This is going to take a lot of convincing, better sugar it up... not the coffee of course." I murmured to myself.

"HEY CHO WHAT'D YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT?" Yosuke yelled from the couch. It wasn't that I liked to ignore him I just tune people out when I'm doing one thing. I finished with the coffee, pouring it into a large mug and tapped my shoes periodically as I went through this process.

When I walked into the room with the steaming mug Yosuke immediately started to become suspicious.

"Cho... what's this for?"

"Oh you know, just an apology for waking you up so early." I handed the mug to him and sat in the chair across from him.

The chair succumbed to my weight, letting me sink into the black cushions, I rubbed my hands together and finally popped my knuckles one by one ready to reveal the news.

"It looks like we're moving to the 20th ward!" I told him with barely concealed excitement.

****
Rest in pieces Yosuke. but anyways I usually write fics for my enjoyment but I'll probably try to update once a week?? Also feel free to criticize my fic however you want, because I'M TRASH.