Previously On

She grabbed her rabbet holding it up to her ear as if they were having a conversation "I know she does look shocked to meet the real us doesn't she" She giggled and your eyes turned bright red, you had so many unanswered questions but that didn't seem to matter in this moment. "Oh that's adorable, my thoughts aren't available to you toots. They never ever were, so don't go giving yourself a migraine we've got work to do!"

"Were are my children"

"Were are they!" You held up your hands for no light to come out, you stood back and looked at your hands almost in disgust for failing you.

"Your magics no good here" She moved her hands for there to be make shift handcuffs around you and she pulled you closer to her. "Didn't you notice basic protection spell one on each wall" you scanned the room close this time to see a symbol on each wall in purple "No? nothing? these are ruins y/n. In a given space only the witch that cast the ruins can cast her magic. How do you not know the fundamentals?"

"Who are you?"

"Who are you? All those costumes and hairstyles. I was so patient and waiting for you to reveale your true self. I got close with fake Steve, Fsteve if you will but no dice"

"That was you?"

"No it wasn't literally me just my eyes and ears a, crystal position. Necromancy was a non starter since Steve's real body is under watch by the US government. Not to mention dead but your so crippled  by your own self doubt that you believed it, aww y/n oh and i sensed this place the afterglows so many spells cast all at once. I couldn't make heads or tails of it" She hovered her finger next to your head a bright purpled glow appearing.

"Mind control, just a quick incantation. Thousands of people under your thumb all interacting with each other according to complex story lines, well that's something special baby." She moved her finger away from your head and stood back frustrated. "Years of study to achieve even the smallest convincing elusion but York Town through your lens y/n. Every little detail in place your even running elusions miles away at the edge of town! Magic on autopilot y/n! What's your secret sister. Listen I need you to tell me how you did this"

"I didn't do anything I don't know who you think I am but I'm not a witch"

"I will try to be gentle and nudge you away from this phantasy. But you would rather it fall apart than face your truth. You left me no choice" She put her hand on your face "What was it that you said to your not brother not bestfriend if only you could recall, what was the feeling you felt empty, alone endless nothingness. Lets start there" Her head turned and you followed to see a door opening she hovered her fingers removing the handcuffs "Its been fun playing pretend for a while hasn't it y/n?". But its time to look at some real re runs" She pushed you in the direction of the door.

"Alright lets go"

"No"

"Oh I'm sorry did you forget whos got your children stashed away in her bewitched basement?" You could hear the sound of Rebecca and Steve calling out for you, it was so loud that you couldn't tell if it was in your head or not.

"That's right" The door swung open "After you superstar"

You stepped in to an opened space and Agnes whispered "Why are we here?"

There was a crowd of shuffling masses and you saw yourself. well, you nearly 70 years ago with pre-serum Steve. You passed by a small crowd of young boys who were waving their enlistment forms proudly in the air, like Charlie did with the golden ticket.

"I cant wait to kick some Nazi ass!" Steve was visibly hurt by this. "I'm sorry Steve I know you want to join up"

"I'm not doing my part, I feel guilty men are dying and suffering. I'm doing nothing and Buck can do it why cant I?"