Chapter 5:Relaxation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(the pic above is what I'm making the castle look like, just imagine there's a larger town around the base)

Walking out of the castle Y/n decided to walk around and explore the city in order to clear his mind, he hasn't been in a city that hasn't been either afraid of him or simply wanted him dead in a long while so it was a welcome change.

Obviously he got stared at walking down the road but they were stares of awe not fear it seems that knights or even warriors were very rare, at least in this city, he took in the sights and smells of the city enjoying how new and exciting it all was some of the foods, spices and drinks he had not even heard of in his world so he tried to take as much as he could.

He had found a quaint little bar inbetween two taller buildings so being in the need of some relaxation he entered with a long creek of the door, in there it felt homely with 6 round wooden tables scattered around the middle with cushioned booths lining the walls, the lanterns gave it a warm light complementing the homely feel even more.

The bar wasn't as packed as he thought it would be considering how nice the place felt, so walking over to the bar he was greeted by a girl around his age with long red hair and green eyes, she wore the usual bartender outfit with the addition of two gold bracelets and thigh high lever boots.

(imagine malty if she wasn't a literal piece of shit)

Bartender:Welcome to the leaky barrel, What can I get ya?

Y/n:I'll have a brandy with a plate of steak and chips.

Bartender:All right, go sit down i'll have it ready for you in a bit.

Doing so Y/n sat in the corner of the room now noticing that several groups had their eyes on him with all of them wearing a gold neck piece with a black hand painted onto it, after a bit his meal was brought to him and he paid for it with some gold coins he had left over from his time in
Vienna.

Digging into his meal he found the taste incredible so he slowed down savering the taste of the stake and chips while enjoying his brandy, after he finished he took his plates up to the bar with a happy smile on his face
And a skip in his step.

Y/n:Thank you for the meal, who made it I'd like to thank the chef personally.

Bartender:Oh I'm the one who cooked it.

Y/n reached over the counter hugging the woman picking her up off the floor and dragging her half way over the counter.

Y/n:The food was amazing! I'll definitely be eating here again, what's your name?

Jane:It's Jane, n-now can you put me down.

Realising what he's doing he puts her down before dusting off her shoulders and saying his goodbyes walking back out into the street, he realised though he was being followed by the people with the gold neck pieces so he played along and went along with hi business until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Turning around he saw a man with a black leather trench coat with the same gold neck piece.

Neck piece:Hey friend, I'm going to have to take that fancy sword of yours and any money you have on you.

Y/n:I'm sorry but I'm not giving them to you.

Y/n rested his hand on the handle of souledge ready for a fight.

Neck piece:I'm not asking!

He motioned for the other members to advance on Y/n causing him to ready souledge bringing it down on the man in front of him burying him into the floor, before twisting around hitting two into a building with his corrupted arm.

(Your arm's been bandaged up so it don't freak people out)

There's no at least 15 people left for
Y/n to take down before he can go along with his day, 2 came rushing at him before they were effortlessly bashed away with souledge cutting one up the chest and slamming the other through a window before Y/n pivoted avoiding a thrust from another goon before gabing his arm and squeezing crushing it.

Running at the group y/n drop kicked one guy sending him flying down the street before rolling out the way from a smash from a hammer and an axe, getting up Y/n threw souledge at one pinning a man to a wall through his shoulder then he grabbed the heads of the axe and hammer dudes before slamming them together nicking them out. Turning tk the rest he glared at them angrily before speaking.

Y/n:Who's next!

Just then a loud horn sounded causing everyone to look up to the castle before heari gawains voice echo through the town, he did this by using a large horn as a megaphone.

Gawain:Citizens the next Knight of the round table has been recruited, he is a Knight wearing azure armour bearing a large sword. If anyone has information on his were abouts please report to the castle immediately!

This caused the robbers and the citizens around them to stare at y/n, seeing this he stabbed his sword into the ground before putting his hand on his chest.

Y/n:It is true I am y/n l/n the Knight of calamity!

This caused the bandits to run away from the man with their tails between his legs prompting Y/n to give a hardy laugh before picking back up souledge and continuing his stroll through the city, he did a lot of things on his walk like: trying out any new foods the city had to offer, he helped the people in anyway he could and he played hide and seek with some kids.

By the time he had finished it was already the afternoon so he decided he had calmed down enough and started heading back to the castle picking up a few meals from the leaky barrel along the way, approaching the gates of the castle the knights now aware of his status opened the gates for him getting a nod and small bow from the azure Knight before he walked through.

Doing what was becoming his regular rounds he delivered the meals to everyone before he made his way towards the Kings room before being stopped by a servant.

Servant:Be quite noble Knight the king has gone to bed early.

Y/n:May I ask why.

Servant:She's been looking for someone all day.

Y/n:Oh.

Feeling bad he opens the door walking in and seeing the king asleep In her bed, so gently shaking her awake he placed the food on her bedside table.

Artoria:Hmm, y/n?

Y/n:Yes my lord.

She pouted a bit before punching him in the shoulder.

Artoria:Where were you!?

Y/n:I'm sorry my lord, I was out clearing my mind.

Artoria:Well as long as your fine that's what counts.

Before she could scold him more he presented the mutton, salad and whiskey meal he got her causing her to basically jump on it devouring it quickly getting some sauce on her mouth.

Y/n:Here.

He wiped it off with his finger getting a cute pout from her causing Y/n to laugh a bit.

Y/n:Now were even.

before she could say anything he picked her up and tucked her back into bed before taking out another book and sitting beside the bed reading it to himself, Artoria listened to him read finding it peaceful so snuggled into bed letting it help her get to sleep as night started to roll in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~