A Note from the Author:

At the heart of The Moxy Byrd is the story of an immigrant struggling to find balance between the two parts of herself. As an immigrant myself, I find the relationship between people's identities and their personal circumstances to be fascinating. So I wanted to break that relationship down and look at all angles of people's stories of immigration. This is why the Moxy Byrd doesn't just focus on how Moxy came to be where she is, but how she changes.

Not only that, but I wanted to really capture how much social standing immigrants may lose in their new country. This is why the story of Moxy Byrd works back and forth between her past and present. I really wanted people to understand the sad irony of her new life as an uneducated grocery store clerk. I hope that Moxy's story will help people take a look at the immigrants around them and consider why they may be where they are and how that may feel to them.

I hope that you find new perspective about the world as you read The Moxy Byrd. I hope that it keeps you as engaged and excited as it kept me as I wrote it.

• ● •

If you are enjoying the story and would like to read the entire story now, please visit my website. You can also find more stories and get exclusive short stories about the revolution.

http://www.mirandanew.com/the-moxy-byrd