Chapter 2 - Conversations at the bar and near-death experiences.

Your first impression of the captain of the Knights of Favonius (in addition to the smile that hides secrets) was similar to the description of Lumine, a peacock. From his navy blue hair to his earring and the diverse jewels that adorned the uniform, not to mention the fuzzy scarf around his neck.

Like a peacock's feathers, Kaeya's fashion sense screamed 'look at me' and unfortunately, it was working. After all, you couldn't look away.

"What brings our angel back to Mondstadt?" Kaeya questions Lumine, bringing you back to reality while approaching both.

Lumine turns her eyes and puts her hands around her waist with a humorous smile. "Angel? That's a new one."

"Nothing but the truth." Kaeya responds, his charm taking effect, not breaking eye contact as his smile grows.

Lumine just snores and laughs. "Well, Captain, answering your question. I have come to escort the new psychologist of the Knights of Favonius." The young woman ends up, presenting your name and for the second time in the day, you find yourself being the center of attention of another of Mondstadt's favorites.

"It's a pleasure, Captain, I hope we can get along." You reach out for a grip, but the blue eyes sparkle with perversity.

"Oh, but of course, it will be a pleasure to work alongside such a lovely woman." The man leans over while kissing his hand like a true knight. You blink surprise, almost embarrassed, but you wouldn't give that pleasure to the man who seemed to take pleasure in seeing people dance in his hands.

Two can play this game.

"I could say the same, Jean is really a lovely woman..." You smile, innocently.

Kaeya's smile, increases, which you almost impossible and he gives you a wink, approaching you while staring. The star-shaped iris sparkles like the only light amid the storm of emotion in the great sea of ice, and you find yourself drowning.

"Captain Kaeya, did you know that the eyes reveal a lot about a person?" The man in question narrows his eyes, amused, as he crosses his arms.

"Are you analyzing me, Doctor?" Kaeya pronounces the last word with a certain mockery as if he wanted to provoke you on purpose.

"Maybe."

Tension grew every second, to the point that it could be cut with a knife.

Kaeya hums, curiosity dances in his eyes. "And in your professional opinion, what do they say?"

Longing. A quest to find a way to satisfy his deepest desires. Shrouded in a blizzard of conflict over the past, the present, and the future.

You open your mouth to respond, but then, Paimon says: "Lumine, Paimon thinks they're having a staring competition!"

You remember that you were not alone and immediately look at Lumine, who arched an eyebrow, questioning. You feel your cheeks warm with shame, more so for forgetting that the girl was there witnessing, and then hear the captain clear his throat while taking a step back.

"Anyway, I'm not going to take your time anymore, Jean is waiting~" Kaeya's voice returns to the cheerful and melodious tone, and you realize that maybe the brothers weren't as different as you imagined. At least both were masters at hiding their true emotions.

"Wait, so you already knew who I was?"

The man hums satisfied, the pretentious smile easily returning to his lips. "But of course, I'm not the captain for nothing." Kaeya throws another wink at you, before messing up Lumine's hair and go, whistling, as if he had won the day. The darkness you would witness a few seconds ago, nonexistent. The darkness that you witnessed a few seconds ago, nonexistent.