Chapter 4 - Of bards, drinks and Yaksha.

Trigger warning: Allusion to suicide, it isn't graphical, but still, better to be safe than sorry. I will put an "*" at the beginning of the scene for those who want to skip it, and in the final notes of the chapters, I'll explain what happened.

Before you could even begin to analyze the situation you were in, Venti was sitting at the counter next to you, ordering two bottles of Dandelion Wine. Charles seemed afraid to serve the cheerful bard, who, just smiled expectantly, in the end, the bartender just sighed and took two bottles, putting them on the counter, making Venti's eyes light up even more, as he laughed and uttered a thank you.

You, feeling very lost, just blinked and massaged your eyelids. Honestly, you should have made the connection between the bard and Venti at the very moment you saw him. Like the rest of Lumine's friends, there was a different aura around him, in his case, almost heavenly. you felt very at peace, free in a way that you couldn't exactly describe, but it was his song that brought some peace to your heart, ridding you of the uncertainties Zhongli had brought.

The next instant you opened your eyes, however, you met with the green irises of the bard, who inspected you closely. Very close to your taste, he winked and said smiling: "You're the new psychologist of the knights of Favonius, aren't you?"

"How do you--"

"The news travels fast through the winds of Mondstadt and I am a bard." Venti replied, proudly, as if that would explain everything.

You opened your mouth, but then closed uncertain, maybe alcohol was affecting you, even a little. "Well, you're not wrong." You introduce yourself and added: "Lumine told me about you."

"Oh?" The bard's eyes shine with interest. "Good things?"

"It depends, do you consider 'a bard, drunk, but with a great heart' as a compliment?"

Venti's smile increases, turning into a good laugh. "Classic Lumine!" He then exclaims, taking a sip on the wine and emptying it in seconds.

Your eyes go wide. Rethinking Lumine's words, you might actually end up having to help him with his addiction.

As soon as he puts the bottle back on the counter, he wipes his lips and gives him another smile, along with a wink, satisfied.

You couldn't help find the action eccentric, but kind of fun.

Venti exuded happiness, positivity, which made you even more curious about the secrets that might be inside his heart. Unlike Diluc, Kaeya, and even Zhongli, the bard wouldn't let his feelings show, you couldn't even identify a sign of any melancholy behind those vigorous eyes. Venti, like Mondstadt, exuded freedom, the purest and most passionate of freedoms.

"The song you played, it's really beautiful." You comment, recalling the melody; as Venti seemed completely another person on stage, his voice, his posture, and his aura, almost ethereal. There was wisdom, understanding in his eyes, at least that's what you felt watching him during the presentation, much like the feeling you witnessed around Zhongli, of something ancient...

Venti, however, finds himself looking at you, a mischievous glow in his eyes as he once again invades your personal space. "I'm really happy you like it! but you'd make this poor bard even happier if you could help him pay for one of the bottles." Venti crosses her fingers and pouts, bringing all his charm out.

You laugh and roll your eyes. "Have people ever said that you seem to love alcohol a little too much?"

"Sure, all the time!" Venti responds even more excitedly, making it clear that he did not bother with the fact and actually seemed proud. "We all have our passions right? Mine is music... and alcohol!"