Chapter 3 - The amber of his eyes and the southern wind.

Notes:

Sorry for the delay people, those weeks were a mess, anyway. Finally, chapter 3 is here. I feel that the rhythm at the beginning is a little rushed ... but ... I hope it is just my impression (this chapter is already too long) Also, I wanted to inform you that, this is a slow burn. these first chapters are just to adjust the characters and create situations for the reader to approach them and will be a long road. And I'm also not going to make her a damsel in distress, I have plans ~ Also, this is crossposted in AO3 ( if anyone prefer that site) Enjoy and thanks for the support!

At this point, you should be used to surprises, however, when Lumine arrived at your office, opening the door shouting "Zhongli and Xiao accepted!" You couldn't stop spitting out the tea you were drinking and falling into a coughing fit.

"Lumine, Paimon thinks you've broken her." The fairy comments, slapping your back to help you regain your breath.

"I'm sorry!" The traveler apologizes, going to your rescue. The regret in her eyes is evident and you just can't get angry.

After a few minutes and several glasses of water, you find yourself sitting on the couch, Lumine on the opposite side, both enjoying the rest of the tea. "So, as I was saying, Zhongli and Xiao agreed to participate in the sections."

"Paimon, still think it was too easy to convince them!"

You question the traveler with your eyes and Lumine expresses one of her innocent smiles.

"Zhongli is curious, he thinks this can help him 'find himself' be more "human" and Xiao, accepted because Zhongli accepted..." The traveler explains.

You find the situation suspicious and grow curious about the relationship of the Adept with the Consultor of the Funeral Parlor. You also notice a certain hesitation in the young woman's eyes, she was acting kind of strange today.

Buzzing in comprehension, you lean against the couch, looking at the wall clock. The next patient would come in two hours so you had some time to discuss your thoughts and ideas with Lumine, as well as trying to unravel the source of her discomfort. "What about the others?"

"Oh, yes! Bennet's helping me find Razor along with Klee and Amber. And Venti is somewhere in Mondstadt... he travels around, spreading his music, and is as free as the wind itself."

Lumine continues to explain other details, not failing to comment that Diluc had confessed that you could end up being a good influence on the Knights and especially Kaeya. ( So, he still cares huh?) In the course of the conversation, however, you noticed that Lumine was indeed acting strange. She was a little more distracted than usual; her gaze wandered away several times and you noticed that her melancholy was even more transparent than normal. Preoccupied, you decided to ask her if something happened, catching the young woman by surprise, who shook her head and was about to explain, but Paimon entered in front of her excited, revealing:

"Huh, we had an encounter with a certain Fatui boy in Liyue!"

"Paimon!"

"What? Paimon is just telling the truth!"

Lumine sighs and raises her hand to her face, moaning. "Paimon doesn't know what she's talking about, I'm fine."

Obviously, the traveler wasn't fine. Even if there was a giant smile on her lips when she entered the office giving you the good news, her eyes had been saddened since the last time you saw her. Her golden irises had lost their luster and her expression worsened when she told you about the little trip to Liyue.