Before.

Layla and Violet were born on November 18, 1979 by two wizards by the name of Alice Collymore and Peter Saffron.

Alice was born in America attending the wizarding school of Ilvermorny, while Peter attended the infamous school of Hogwarts.

Peter worked for the Ministry of Magic after graduating Hogwarts and worked alongside lifelong friend Arthur Weasley. Arthur and Peter had been friends since they were old enough to speak; They would never let anything get in the way of their friendship. Peter always considered Arthur the brother he never had. 

Alice was born into a small American wizarding family and was always intrigued with the magical creatures of the world, specifically dragons. This lead her to studying these beautiful beasts anywhere she could. Alice was a well-travelled woman but she always knew when the time came she'd want to move back home and raise her own family there. She found herself in London, where she met a tall, dark and mysterious man by the name of Peter Saffron. She was smitten ever since and they were connected at the hip. They both bonded over many things, one being the lack of family either of them had left. 

By the time the girls were born, neither of them had any relatives, the Weasley's were the only people close enough to call family. Neither were able to see each other as often as they would've liked because of their busy lives. Nonetheless, time was always made for the families to get together again.

Peter was a family man raising his girls while Alice was a brilliant Dragonologist who had become extremely successful throughout the years. One day, Alice had received word that the incredibly dangerous Hungarian Horntail was taken from Hungary and brought to America. Alice was given the assignment to return the dragon back to it's native land, and asked Peter to help her in the process. The trip to rescue this dragon, quickly took a dark turn. 

Peter and Alice were never able to complete the assignment and unfortunately left their two girls without any family left... except for the Weasley's. 

And so readers, this is where the journey begins.

Hold on to your brooms.