Chapter XIII ~ Tears

A/N: Hey, everyone! Sorry for not posting for so long. My mental health took a dip. Anyways, I will be continuing this story, and here is Chapter 13. Enjoy!

~+~+~

Deep Dope—Kyouka's favorite band.

Humming could be heard throughout the halls of Class 1-A's dorms. It was Kyouka making the music, skipping recklessly through the corridors on the way to her room. Tonight was the big night—the night of the concert, her first one in years, and she was over the moon.

She opened her dorm door. Twirling around toward her bed, she toppled head first into the pillows. She kicked her feet up in the cool air behind her.

She wondered what Denki would be wearing tonight.

Opening her closet, Kyouka changed into a scuffed-up pair of bell-bottom black jeans, casting a large gray hoodie over her shoulders—a laced white tank top underneath—and a few wild chains around her neck, safety pins and locks and keys dangling down. She put on a pair of platform boots and took a look at herself in the mirror. She liked her style.

Kyouka wasn't the most enthusiastic about social gatherings, but ever since she was little, concerts had always been a completely different story. She used to marvel at the idea of performing as a guest star at her parents' shows (she sometimes had trouble controlling that excitement on stage), and she loved seeing this band called Tokyo Unraveled every now and then. Nowadays, though, the concerts she went to were limited. She didn't have time.

But she'd made room in her schedule for this one. She'd been wanting to see Deep Dope live since long before she enrolled at U.A.

Kyouka sat at her miniature mirror and did her eyeliner. Her inspiration was the crisp wing of a bat, lines sharp, and she had to use makeup remover one too many times until she could finally say she was satisfied with the outcome. It was in the middle of evening out her left eye that she heard a slight knock at her door.

"Just a minute!" she shouted, pulling the wet tissue away from her face. Bolting for the knob, she opened it eagerly, glad to find Denki standing impatiently on the other side.

"Hey," he said, and in what wasn't a twist of events, he invited himself in.

She rubbed the back of her neck. Suddenly, with her usual looks totally topsy-turvy, stolen away from her without any opportunity for recovery, she'd gotten all bashful. "Hey."

"I like your makeup. The black lipstick really suits you."

A warmth painted her cheeks. "Thank you."

"Thought I should mention this: Everyone's waiting for you, you know."

Kyouka's eyes widened. "Seriously?" She punched his arm playfully. "And you didn't bother to tell me sooner? We gotta go!" She grabbed her phone from off of her bed. "Come on," she urged. "Hurry up!"

A laugh left Denki's lips. "Okay, okay." He rolled his eyes, unable to hide his grin. "I'm going, I'm going."

Downstairs was hectic. Students were wishing a safe trip to those embarking on their musical journey, shouting farewells from across the room. Denki shivered a little, slipping up and biting his tongue, a bit unnerved from all the noise. Kyouka sighed.

She found her friend group, embellished like she was. "Ooh, Kyo, you look amazing!" Ashido squealed. "The makeup really compliments the outfit."

"Thanks." Kyouka's eyes narrowed, whispering to Ashido, "Hey, it's a bit loud in here. Can we get everyone to tone it down? I don't mean to be an Iida, especially tonight of all nights, but I think it's bothering a few people, ruining their mood even."