Chapter VII ~ Losing Watts

A/N: Hey, all! How's it going? Anyway, Chapter 7 is now out, and Chapter 8 will likely be out in around 24 hours. I hope you guys enjoy this! I think it's alright. I know you'll definitely enjoy next chapter! :)

~+~+~

"Yo, Jirou! Wanna hang out with the Bakusquad and I?"

This wasn't the first time Kyouka had gotten that question. She usually just ignored Denki when he did this, or said no, mostly due to the recent tension in the group, but today she felt the need to give in, so she said yes.

"Sure!" she said, a little too overenthusiastically to actually be considered enthusiastic, because today was a Saturday, and sometimes, after Saturday's early classes, she just liked to be alone.

But today it seemed she wouldn't be granted that wish.

They all ended up in Kirishima's room—Kirishima, Sero, Ashido, and Bakugou, the lot of 'em, and of course Denki and Kyouka. Kirishima had this weird obsession with playing Uno, so that was the first thing they did, despite Bakugou's reluctance to join in. He'd much prefer to just mess around with Kirishima's punching bag.

Bakugou sat next to Denki for their game of Uno. Kept passing him plus-fours. And skip-a-turns. And reverses. It didn't help that Bakugou had gotten a lucky hand.

"Aw, man. Why are you so against me today, Bakugou? I'm at twenty cards," Denki said after he'd bled and Bakugou had put down blue, the one color he didn't have. "Give me a break."

Bakugou just grumbled.

"Yeah, man," Kirishima started from Bakugou's right. "We're all friends here. Next time there's a reverse, use those skips on me."

"Maybe," Bakugou growled.

Kyouka, watching the scene from the other side of the circle, picked her head up. Ashido and Sero were visibly uncomfortable, and she could see the perplexity lining Kirishima's lips. An awkward atmosphere clutched the room by its throat.

Uno ended with Bakugou being the victor for an incredible four rounds in a row. They decided now to just sit around and be bored (because, really, what else was there to do? play more Uno?) and play games on their phones. Kirishima and Sero had gotten into a deep conversation about famous fictional characters.

Kyouka wanted to mention the Bakugou incident, but Denki's head was stuck in Road Rush. She sighed. At least he was having fun. Surprisingly, she was having a bit of a blast talking to Ashido about boys (Ashido's idea), so at least there was that.

Kyouka noticed Bakugou sitting up on his knees. He was looking down at Denki's phone.

"You probably suck at that game, Chargebolt." He began tilting his screen in all different directions, as one would when playing a racing game. "Bet I'm better."

"What? Want to race?"

Kyouka could hear the utter indifference in Denki's voice.

Sero stuck his hand in the middle of the circle. "Guys, maybe you shouldn't—"

Bakugou slapped it away. "Hell yeah!" He pumped his arms up, wearing a smile so bright it was menacing. "It's on."

And with intense button mashing and sighs of defeat and glory, the match was over as soon as it began.

"Ha! I creamed your ass, loser! Get a load of that!"

"Bakugou! That's a little harsh, don't you think?" Ashido insisted, eyebrows furrowed.

"Seriously, man." Kirishima gestured toward Denki with his whole palm, and Denki cowered in his seat. "He obviously doesn't want to deal with your bullshit. You're being an asshole."