Chapter VI ~ Magazines

A/N: Hi again, everyone! Basically, I'm pumping out these next three chapters one day after another. I may be pumping out the next two on the same day—we'll see, since I already have them all written. I just need to edit and such. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this!

~+~+~

Kyouka despised flipping through magazines.

It wasn't the magazines' fault. She didn't hate the contents, the insignificant drama of big-name celebrities that really only 40-year-old ladies in the throes of their midlife crisis cared about, or the exotic recipes for food nobody could properly pronounce. It definitely wasn't that.

She just kind of hated when she'd stare at the women for too long. All busty and curvy, big butts and boobs and pretty faces, with or without makeup: it didn't really matter. The women were goddamn gorgeous. And today, Mt. Lady was the star, and of course her body was damn near perfect in that skin-tight Hero suit. Kyouka swore she must have gotten fillers, but at the same time, if she hadn't, she wouldn't have been surprised, because there were so many natural, beautiful people in the world that she just honestly couldn't compete. Even her goddamn classmates. If they were in a magazine she wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Usually, when she saw a nice pair of boobs or a butt in a magazine, she'd stop and stare for a while, compare, and then violently jerk the magazine closed. She decided this time, after all that, to top it all off, to throw her head down on the front cover and wallow. Not even the guitar in her own room could comfort her—not even the sound of music. Despite it being only a foot away, she didn't even have the energy to get up and grab it.

Kyouka threw her hands up in defeat, a beat of silence falling over the room. She stood up, made sure her dorm door was locked, and got undressed. Heading to the bathroom, she stood up tall in the full-length mirror by the sink, standing there a bit awkwardly in her underwear and bra. Her eyes caught a panorama of her body.

Kyouka did this often. Examined herself in the mirror.

She put one foot forward and spun, arching her back to look curvy. It didn't really work, though, and all she could see were the little divots of her spine and a sorry excuse for hips staring back at her in the reflection, nothing like how Mt. Lady's hips looked. She tried sitting up on the sink in a promiscuous pose, but hopped off after just a minute, letting out a vanquished sigh. Maybe she should grab her boobs? That didn't work either. She felt deflated. Her ass did not match the curves of Mt. Lady's—there was nothing left for her to try.

Kyouka suddenly felt funny standing there half-naked. She threw her clothes on quickly, and headed out the door toward the elevator. Her mind was racing. She needed to see her friends.

Although, it was only one step off of the elevator and into the common room that she realized she wished she'd stayed upstairs.

Bakugou was hurling insults at Denki, as usual. The girls were huddled in a corner, whispering to themselves as Mineta ogled them with a lustful eye. He turned his attention back to the paper sitting in front of him on the table, scribbling something down that Kyouka couldn't make out. The girls were pulling their shorts farther down on their thighs.

Kyouka looked down at her legs. Pants.

She stared at her shirt, and then the girls' shirts. Tank tops. She was wearing short sleeves.

Downstairs was all around noisy and chaotic. She wanted to get the hell out of there.

Quickly yet calmly, she headed back to her room for a breather. Changed into some shorts. Threw on a tank top as well. Checked herself out in the mirror. Sighed.