Chapter III ~ Building Blocks

~ Special thanks to my two beta readers for this chapter!! I don't have one of their @s but the other is FanisAlefragis You guys are such a big help! ~

A/N: Hey, all! I know it took me nine days to bring this to you, but this chapter is long, so I hope that makes up for it. Enjoy!

~+~+~

Denki had always had a bit of a thing for Kyouka Jirou.

Ever since the Cultural Festival, he reckoned, when she first revealed her husky voice to an unsuspecting audience. Ever since then, when he learned of her passion for music and her perseverance to create the ideal performance, a concert that was a euphony and not a cacophony. And with amateurs, no less, setting ablaze the limited talent each of them had to offer. Denki had never enjoyed playing a musical instrument as much as he did back then.

Denki would never tell her. With the way she talked to him, she wouldn't give a fuck. She'd think it was a joke, play it off as some kind of prank. A dare thought up by Kirishima, or Sero, she'd say. So he'd keep strumming his guitar in the dark, in his dreams, holing it up in his heart even as he slept ten feet away from her, the girl in question unknowing.

Besides, it was just a thing. A complex, an I-know-you-don't-think-it-but-you're-cute complex. Nothing to freak out about. Just something to keep in the back of his mind whenever one of the Class 1-B girls would reject his advances. He knew he would never go for Kyouka Jirou. It was a recipe for disaster.

So he kept his lips sealed.

Denki felt a sharp pang on his back. "Yo, Denks, you good over there? You're spacing out." It was Sero, curiously raising an eyebrow.

The couches squished under Denki's weight as he shifted in his seat. "Yeah, man, I'm all good. Just thinking."

"Hey, while you're at it, would you mind charging my phone? It's on low battery, and I'm kinda hooked on this Netflix show and don't wanna get up."

Denki nodded, and although a bit reluctantly, he took the device from Sero's hands. "Sure, bro. I got you." He placed one end of the charger into its fitting lock and the other into his mouth.

Sero smiled. "Thanks, man! You're the best."

A voice permeated the silence. "Oi, Dunce Face."

Denki's teeth clenched around the cord. Bakugou.

"Hm?" he asked, biting his tongue.

"Charge mine, too. Don't do it and you'll regret it."

Bakugou did not fully explain his threat, tossing his phone across the room toward Denki. Denki did not risk it, though, fumbling to catch the case and subsequently almost dropping both his and Sero's phones on the floor. He managed to keep his cool, slyly squeezing Bakugou's charger into his mouth.

Denki's face fell. What a way to start a Saturday night.

Ashido was the next to pipe up, waving her new mobile model in the air. "Ooh, add mine to the mix! Pretty please?"

Kirishima, sitting comfortably on the floor, picked his head up at all the commotion. "Oh, hell yeah! Free battery? Kaminari's the best charging station."

And so Denki was bombarded with four phones, all of which he hesitantly took between his lips. And then Mineta was jumping up on the back of the couch, violently shaking his shoulders, and his brain could not handle the pure chaos unfolding around him. "Charge mine, too, Kaminari!" he said with a lisp. "I can't stop staring at this super sexy Instagram model. She has some huge tits."