Chloe's Story

It all started in the beginning of High School. I started to realize that the people surrounding me really didn't give a crap. Everything i did was shit, even when i looked at anyone I would get snapped at.

I was failing school, everyone at school ignored me- even my "friends".

Everyone left me to my own devices.

I started thinking that I am hated all around.

I started cutting and for everything that happened was shitty in my day, I cut.

I cut for every person who hurt me. I cut for every rude comment.

Just as I started cutting, a sweatshirt I had ordered had come in.

It was a 5 Seconds Of Summer sweatshirt. It was black with their logo in a starry-night blue colour.

I thought this is perfect, a long sleeve sweatshirt to hide my scars.

It really was a clever way to hide it, because people won't question me on cold days.

The only person I ever told was to my online friend Julie.

I met her on Instagram and her and I immediately clicked. We had the same issues, we both loved One Direction and for one, we both had no one.

And for the one thing that counted, we are both cutters.

I thought religion could help me stop hurting myself. Well it did. for like three days.

Thinking back on it I am angry, I knew at the time nothing could fix my issues. What was done, was done. I cannot take it back.

I just wished that there was someone to help me, or to even care about me.

All the blood I saw, it made me smile. Knowing that people wouldn't know, that people are the reason for my pain.

I started saying to myself, I'll hurt myself so that you don't have to.

I also started going to a youth group at my church at the time.

There was one day right before I went, and I cut myself. deep. It hurt like hell but I enjoyed doing it.

It became an addiction.

But knowing I had to wear long sleeve shirts year-round, that made me want to stop.

There were certain outfits that I could not wear because of my scars. My scars were so deep and so red that makeup couldn't cover it up.

I knew deep deep deep down I had to stop.

It was just the matter of acting on it.

It's been two months since my last cut and they are mostly healed.

Ever since I had played volleyball in gym class, they are more apparent when my arms are red. I became self conscience but otherwise, I did stop. But the verge to start again, it's raging through my veins.

My name is Chloe. And this is my story.

______________________________________

Well, it's been a while. We haven't posted for a while due to a lack of people's stories. But now we have more, but westill do need more. 

Thank you to @ajennacoleman for being brave enough to send in your story. We really do appreciate it. 

So, if you wish to tell your story to spread awareness and let people know that life is more complicated that some people originally think, just email alloftheribbons@gmail.com

Also find us on Tumblr at alloftheribbons.tumblr.com

Please show your support through commenting, voting, and following us, as it really does matter.