ch 5: Breaking ties

Alistair and his mother had never a place in this home. He did feel a bit of parental affection towards his new parents. This relationship was close to love-hate. This inhuman excuse of a father had never visited his mother after he grew tired of her. The ducal couple couldn't have any more children, they took them in. Since then Alistair had been working to death.
The more I look at him, the more angry I feel, he didn't deserve to be called "father" nor did this hell "family" but Alistair did chase after them. I need that money too, please just disown fast. Cutting ties can be one of the worst punishments for an omega here, even with the huge money and inheritance they receive, they are not safe, it's just like murder. But I do have proper plans.

"Your grace is right! I have failed, poorly so. This mere pawn of yours has gone against your wishes by accepting the annulment. The prince saw me unfit as a queen and I feel unworthy to be your son.
What could I have done, your grace? I hold the virtues of my humble mother far superior to the humility, shame and penitence that a noble should have.
You are right,I don't deserve to be a noble..."

Those innocent crystal blue eyes had the same determination and reflection as his mother. A tone of sarcasm mixed with anger. It was the same Alistair who would follow his Father around, his tone today had a tone of indifference and coldness, like someone who was going to break up a tiring connection for good.

"How dare you address the Duke with such impertinence! You lowborn rascal" the stepmother Duchess ascends the stairs, the half older brother followed. The Duchess is a woman in her thirties, with fierce ashen grey eyes and raven hair. She had never accepted him in this household, her husband had slept with a commoner omega at that, Alistair to her was a child of the sin of promiscuity. She was criticized a lot like not being interesting enough for her husband and all like any medieval woman is, and Alistair was the blame for it. He was a thorn in her eyes, she couldn't get rid of him, even if she wanted to. If he would have become the queen wrong steps could have led her to the guillotine. So she showed in front of the society that she deeply cared for him, despite not actually giving a damn.

The older brother was pretty interested in the new younger brother he got. That interest was a negative one however.

" When two people are speaking, you shouldn't be interrupting, a person who hasn't inherited the knowledge of basic manners from her "high born" noble parents wants to teach discipline of manners and tone, talk about irony."

I said, trying to use that "Pheromone" thing Alistair used in the hall. The Duke and the train of his people flinched, while the Duchess turned blue-red with embarrassment.

That's how you humiliate an arrogant sassy milf in front of her servants. Oops, the brother looks pissed, he is surprisingly silent. so does the mother. Ahh Don't look at me that way, I had been an unfilial son in my previous life, which I regretted a lot, but do parents like these deserve a filial son at all?

"Your Grace, why don't we put an end to this drama now. I have never been a part of this household, all these 13 years you speak of. You are right, I may have been a sinful being, but I tried my best to save your power card, haven't I? I do deserve my compensation, please give it now so that I can say my goodbyes.
Let this be clear that I never had a father, and you never had an omega for a son"

The father was shocked and in a state of thought. The sassy britch spoke again.
"This ingrate! We should have never brought him here, Robin! bring the seperation papers and that gold and his belongings throw him out of the house"

"You are right! You should have never brought me or my mother here, we never needed an alpha or a noble to support our well being. It was a strict buisness relationship, so none of the parties here can be called ungrateful. We didn't get what we wanted, so the deal is being called off"

They became like statues, fixed in their places.

"Oh brother, why are you silent today? Why don't you stay stuff like "lowly commoner", "slut" or "shameless wh_re" like you usually do? Won't you push me down the stairs or ask servants to mix heat inducers in my food and then act nonchalant when I am in pain?"
He was still silent like always, this expression, like someone who lost their country... Only if Alistair was able to see it.

******************

Nonetheless I left for my room to pack my belongings. It was just like the room in the dream, eerily similar, same mirror, same walls and books. The bottom drawer of the wardrobe had an expensive dimensional storage ring that Alistair had recieved from a patron of his. It was my property now.

I started with the books, some commoner looking clothes, some normal ones to sell off. By the time I was finished, the room looked like a place where nobody lived. Then I sneaked into the library for some important grimoires. The Golden cover book especially caught my interest, it was lying seperate, hidden in a corner.

It wasn't anywhere in Alistair's memories, It could have been useful so I took that too. Due to the ring, all the packing was done by an hour and an half.

I just needed to take the letter from his mother now, Alistair had never got a chance to open it, he had hid it carefully in the room where his mother lived. Opening that room would bring many sad memories, but it's important for both of us.
The servants weren't bothered at all, they just continued with their work.

Two hours since the drama now. The luggage was ready and I was back at the hall. Surprisingly, the ducal couple and the brother hadn't moved at all from their places... Had I gone too overboard with the roast? It doesn't matter though. The butler handed over the signed papers and the gold. I turned my back to leave. It was sure hectic, should I book an inn now.

"Alistair wait! You aren't going anywhere!" It was the brother. Ah damn! What more does he want now?

"Do you have anything important to say now? If not, can I leave? Wasn't that hell of a treatment that I recieved here enough? Just what more do you want? I could have been raped due to your childish play, it may not mean a lot in your eyes, since you pure blood alphas are used to seeing omegas like that. But my dignity means a lot to me. You hated me for taking away that attention of your teachers right? Now you can have it all."

"You said that I just thought of you as a pawn to obtain power, not anymore than that?.. " it was the Duke now.

"Yes I am, a lot more than you think. The buisness is over I am leaving. It is probably too late to rebuild relationships, or to act like a father. The sweet Alistair that once followed you around is long gone. We are just strangers now, your grace"

Don't look at me like that, that expression, as if you have been terribly hurt. Ah this soap opera family, I can't stand a bit longer here. It feels disgusting. He probably misses his gold now.

"So farewell.."

I honestly had mixed feelings now, seeing that he had spent most of his life inside these castle walls. I would probably miss the home like feeling from the rooms. But the most important thing is a place to sleep and to eat. It is almost the nightfall now. Bandits, ghosts and whatever else that could make any runaway omega feel unsafe are roaming around. I do feel scared, but it feels really great to be independent and to be rich without lifting a finger.

******************************************
E

dit: i am adding spaces because these chapters lack them.