Chapter 17

Kushina was in the living room and I went to chat with her. She was really kind to me and I found it very interesting talking to her because she wasn't like all the other adults that ask about school and boyfriends. We talked about music, movies, fashion, and everything. I listened to her when she talked about Naruto and Minato, it was very cute because every time she did that she got very excited and added 'dattebane/ttebane' every now and then. We went on and on like that for hours. Almost like the mother-daughter bonding time I never had.

"Alright, I'll just go check if there's anything we should buy for dinner real quick." She patted me on the leg and left the room.

After she came back, roughly ten minutes after she left, holding a long list she shouted her son's name and he came.

"I need you to go buy some things for me, would you?" She smiled handing him the list.

"Why me?" She shot daggers at him then he grabbed the list and bowed. "Of course mother, with great pleasure." She rolled her eyes obviously not pleased with his performance but didn't say a thing. "Pay by credit card." She added then turned to me and offered:

"Maybe Hinata would like to make you company?"

"Yes, I would love to." I responded.

"Thank you, dear." Kushina smiled back.

Naruto took his car keys and Kushina handed me one of the reusable bags.

"There's a second one in this one if you need it." She said and I thanked her.

The ride in Naruto's white Mercedes was silent. No flirt, no sign of him wanting me so I responded with the same. We entered the shop and Naruto carefully split the list in two then handed me one of the halves not saying a thing.

"Are you mad at me?" I questioned confused.

"Another question you won't get the answer to, Hinata." Hinata? Since when does he address me by my name?

"Fine!" I said rather loudly and we went our separate ways.

It was all fine until I had to go get cereal. There was only one box of 'Reese's puffs' that was left and it was pushed at the very back of the aisle and I couldn't reach it. Like it wasn't enough that it was on the top. I tried to jump a few times but this didn't help too. Then a man nearly my age came and took it for me.

"Thank you so much!" I thanked him and he grabbed a box of 'Honey-comb'

"Don't mind me, honey, just combing through." I chuckled and took 'Lucky charms'.

"Oh, I'm just here. Being your lucky charm."

"Well, well. You're not so bad yourself." We laughed and continued thinking up funny pick-up lines.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" My eyes widened, I really thought we were having a nice friendly conversation.

"It's...complicated."

"Maybe I-"

"The fact I'm mad at you doesn't make the fact I'm your boyfriend less true." A hand wrapped around my shoulders. "I'm sorry, were you saying something." Naruto turned to the guy.

"Not at all, I just helped her get one of the boxes." He replied.

"Thank you then. Let's go, darling." Naruto demanded and we walked away from the guy.

"What was that for, babe." I inquired slightly annoyed.

"I hate sharing." He answered.

"Oh." I opened my mouth in surprise. "And who says I'm yours?" He doesn't own me. Maybe...

"Relax princess, you're mine and I'm yours, okay?" I then intertwined my fingers with his ones on the hand that was still around my shoulders and lightly squeezed his hand.