Chapter 21

Sara and Nyssa sat down at the table, Nyssa's thoughts were abuzz of what to say to her and try and calm her dimmed confused memories.

"So, umm, what else do you want to tell me about us?" Sara sat down in the chair that Nyssa pulled out for her.

"We didn't need to be told anything for one," Nyssa smiled at the memories that she and Sara cherished. "I would give you a glance, and you would immediately know what I was trying to talk about. It was the same with you, we were very touchy feely, and it was easy to know each others thought with just a simple gesture."

The corner's of Sara's mouth turned up in a smile, "It seems like we knew each other very well."

"The best it got," Nyssa confirmed.

"Nyssa?" Sara asked and watched the dark haired woman's smile fall. "What's wrong?"

"You might never be able to remember how well we knew each other," Nyssa shrugged. "It's a lot to live with, knowing that my love isn't returned."

Sara seeked out the hand that was on top of the table, and laid her long painted nails over Nyssa's claused ones. "I wouldn't give up, just yet," Sara chuckled at Nyssa's lit up face and Nyssa gave her a firm nod.

"I will never give up on you, Sara," Nyssa intertwined their fingers.

***

"You ignorant child! Move your oss! Get up! Fight back!" One of many of Sara's teachers were criticizing her, his accent getting in the way of his cussing. Telling her that she wasn't fighting hard enough, but she couldn't fight anymore. She couldn't raise her arms for another second. Between the lack of sleep, the food diet, the workouts, the stretching, the running, constant muscle exercising, fighting with almost every instrument that there is to man, and going back to school, it was all just too much!

"I'm doing the best I can, Sensi," she laid back on her stomach and relaxed her sore, bruised, and scarred muscles.

She heard him advance and tensed her body for the worse and Sara shut her eyes, the sun from Nanda Parbat shined down on her eyes, even when they were squeezed closed. "I. . . I can't do this," she mumbled to herself. "What was I thinking? This shit is hard as hell, man, I . . . I can't do this."

Sara hadn't seen Nyssa for an entire day, but it felt like months, years even. She craved to see her face and touch her soft olive skin. Rush her fingers through her thick black curls. Sara groaned, just thinking about the woman.

A dark figure covered her vision, making it easier to get some sleep, even though she figured that her stomach was about to get stepped on.

"And here, I thought you were fighting for me," a soft soothing voice was near her. Really, really, close. Hair fell down and tickled Sara's nose, her eyes flashed open when lips met her own and she pushed upward, kissing the talented justice seeker back.

"It's a lot harder that I originally thought," Sara chuckled.

"Come on," Nyssa urged her and pulled from her lips. "I'm here now, you can get up," Nyssa walked around Sara's sweaty dirty body and offered her a hand.

Sara's muscles suddenly didn't feel so weak, they felt fully ready to use. "Okay," Sara took Nyssa's outstretched hand and pulled herself up.

"Okay?" Nyssa intertwined their fingers, loving how her presence made Sara stronger.

"Okay," Sara hipped her partners' side. "You didn't need to come so soon, ya' know, I wasn't going to give up, just yet."

"What about in another three seconds?" Nyssa asked looking over at Sara's tangled hair.