Chapter 6: St.Veronica Tournament! Ash vs Hodge!

This chapter will introduce a character that appeared in the Pokémon Journey anime and he appeared yet again in the new episode.

So enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I still don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————

It was two o'clock at the Old Shore Wharf near Pallet Town. Kanto really doesn't have a destination for a ship to arrive and the group were grateful that there was one of them in near Pallet Town. Vermillion City is the most famous city to have many shores. After all, it is the city that exports and imports.

There was a large ship in front of them, but large as the St.Anne. Ash, Serena, Brock and Misty remembered the day when Team Rocket ambushed the St.Anne. Their plan was totally waste thanks to the group and Lt.Surge.

Goh looked at the sea below and tried to search for the Pokémon. He was sad that he couldn't even see a single Magikarp swimming.

"Goh, this is a shore. I don't think Pokémon is here," Serena said.

"Man..." Goh murmured.

Scorbunny was also looking at the sea and used its ears to sense the Pokémon. Scorbunny promised Goh to catch all the Pokémon for him and it will not fail. Its been about three days and he hasn't caught any Pokémon.

Then suddenly, the bubbles started erupting as Scorbunny panicked. Goh soon found out and got closer to the bubbles, as the Pokémon popped out.

It is a pinniped Pokémon with a snowy white, furry body. Its fur renders it virtually invisible in snowy conditions. Its face has two black eyes, a black nose, and two tusks extending from its upper jaw. It has a streamlined body with two front flippers and a long flowing tail. Even in extremely cold and ice-packed waters, its tail allows it to be a swift and agile swimmer at speeds of 8 knots. On top of its head is a sharp horn, which allows it to cut through the thickest ice floes.

"A Dewgong!?" Goh uttered as he and others scanned a Pokémon.

"Dewgong, a Sea Lion Pokémon and the evolved form of Seel. Stores thermal energy in its body. Swims at a steady 8 knots even in intensely cold waters," the Pokédex said with a robotic voice.

"That's strange. It usually lives on icebergs adrift in frigid ocean waters," Brock said as he touched his chin.

"Who cares, I'm going to catch it!" Goh said and turned to his Scorbunny. "Scorbunny, use Double Kick!"

Scorbunny went downwards and extended its two legs. It hit on Dewgong's head as the Pokémon cried in pain. As the Scorbunny landed on the floor, Dewgong immediately shot a Water Gun attack.

"Dodge with Quick Attack!" Goh countered.

Scorbunny used its leg to dodge the super effective attack with lightning speed. Then it immediately rammed at Dewgong and the rabbit Pokémon once again landed on the field.

Goh then quickly clipped his pokeball and threw it on the Sea Lion Pokémon. Dewgong was sucked inside and the ball shaking on the water surface. Few seconds later, a ball stopped shaking as the sign of Pokémon has been caught. Goh picked up a pokeball and gave a smile.

"I caught my second Pokémon!" Goh exclaimed.

"Scor!" it cried happily.

"Well, congratulations Goh. You now have 0.00001% of Pokémon species," Misty smiled.

Goh groaned at her, but quickly smiled broadly. "Yeah, this is just a first step! I will make sure to catch all of them!"

"Joke aside, I wish I caught Dewgong. Being a water-type trainer, catching all water Pokémon is my dream," Misty said.