Chapter 35: Guerre des Pâtisseries

One character will make a return.

Enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————————

It was the next day in the morning as the group was at the area where the puff contest is going to hold. There were few people around and they looks to be a participant as well. Serena learned few tricks about puff making while watching the video from her phone and she didn't forget how mother taught her on how to make it.

"I'm excited!" Serena said with determination.

"Togeprrriii!" it was excited on Serena's arm.

"Look at these competitors here," Goh said. "Some of them seems to be very experienced."

Serena looked around and realized Goh was right. Most of them were teenagers or young adults who seems to know how to make good puff. Why would they be here if they can't cook? But Serena wasn't scared at all, she was calmer.

"I practiced on how to make puff. I'm very confident," Serena said with smile.

"Wait, that means..." Ash murmured.

"Yes," Serena replied and pulled out her basket. She opened it up and inside was filled with mouthwatering puffs she made in the morning. "Ta daa! Look at these puffins I made!"

"Woah!" Tracey exclaimed.

"Its all colorful!" Misty added.

"Go on guys! Dig in!" Serena said.

The group and Pikachu took a bite from the puffs, and they immediately were surprised how delicious the puffs were.

"This is great, Serena!" Tracey said as he ate more.

"Yeah, you do have talent for cooking," Misty added.

"Its all thanks to Brock's cooking book," Serena replied with her tongue out and looked at Ash. "Ash, how is it?"

"Its really delicious, Serena. I honestly can see that you love cooking and I might even eat anything that you make. You are really good at it," Ash stated.

"Thank you Ash. That really means a lot to me," Serena replied with blush.

Serena thought about making him a food when they ate married together. This is what Serena wanted the most when they started to date and the wish is getting closer, but getting marrying is far away. They are still kids and has goals to concentrate. Serena was then focused on Togepi who seems to be reaching its small hands on basket which Goh was holding.

"Oh, you want the puff?" Serena asked the baby Pokémon.

"Toge," it cried.

Serena took one puff and took a small piece from it. It then fed the baby Pokémon and it really seems to be loving it.

"Good for the baby as well, huh," Ash smirked.

"Pikachu," it added.

Serena was pretty confident now. Her friends and Pokémon seems to love the puffs she made, and she was going to make the exact thing at the contest. However, she knows that judge will have a different answer. Especially knowing that the judge of this contest is Gena Monarque, the world famous pâtissière.

When Ash took another one and tried to feed Pikachu, is floated out of his hand. The group gasped and thought how in the world puff can be floated. It went to the bushes as they heard the munching sounds. The group realized it could be a Pokémon as the figure appeared from the bushes and revealed itself to the group.