Dancing in the rain

"How long will this go on for?" Gally mutters to himself as all of the gladers stand under the shelter. Fat raindrops pelt down onto the glade, soaking the vegetable patches to the core. But I don't mind. I love when it rains in the Glade. It rarely ever happens, so when it does it makes the occasion so much more special. So I decide to embrace it.

I stand up from the bench I'm perching on and walk out from underneath the shelter into the middle of the glade. I'm immediately greeted with the coldness of the raindrops as they soak through my clothes onto my skin in a matter of seconds.

"What's she doing?" I hear Gally say to the others as I stick out my tongue to try and catch some of the raindrops in my mouth.

"Just let her have her fun." Newt says with a small giggle.

I spin around and walk back to the shelter, and hold out my hand in front of Newt. He glances down at it confused.

"Come dance with me, Newt." I smile.

"Love, there isn't any music." He laughs.

I shrug and say, "it doesn't matter. We don't need any music."

Before he answers, I grab his hand in mine and pull him out from under the shelter.

The boy looks back at Minho, who has his eyebrows raised and smirk on his face. Newt rolls his eyes at him and follows me out into the middle of Glade.

"Sorry if you don't like the rain, you can go back if you want." I say, spinning around to face him. His hair has turned a sort of blonde-brunette colour from the rain, and his thin hoodie is almost see-through, plastered to his chest.

"Why would I want to do that?" He grins, taking hold of my hand and twirling me around.

I hear "0ohs" and "awws" come from the gladers, but I choose to ignore them.

Newt pulls me around to face him, puts his arm on my back for support and dips me down, so I'm looking at the glade upside down.

(This is what I'm trying to describe lol and it helps that it's him in the photo.)

Even more cheers erupt from the gladers as Newt pulls me back up to face him.

"We just put on a whole dance show for them." I laugh.

"Let's give them something else, shall me?" Newt grins. Before I register what he means, he leans forward and presses his lips against mine.

"Oh my god!" I hear Thomas shout as I close my eyes and keep my lips against his. He runs his hand through my hair as commotion breaks out amongst the gladers. It's still raining, but I'm completely lost in Newt that I've completely forgotten that I'm soaked to the core.

"What was that for?" I can't help but smile when we finally pull away from each other.

The boy smiles and shrugs. "I don't really know. You just make me happy, I guess. The happiest I've been since I've arrived here."

I felt my cheeks turn pink as I grinned at Newt. His words made me feel all warm inside; a feeling I hadn't felt since I came up in the glade.