Chapter 20

Iris pov *

These past few weeks were a blessing. My relation with Adam was friendlier. Of course there is always respect but we went for a coffee after work several times, sometimes we took lunch together at the office and have little chat. I even convinced Evan to have lunch with us one time. The things slowly return to normal between them and I can't be happier. But the most difficult thing was to convince Adam to give his dad a chance to explain himself. So after long weeks he decided to meet him but at one condition I had to accompany him. Because I quote "I can't trust myself around him". So I'm going to play the role of mediator if things go wrong.

So today is the day, we will have dinner with Russell. The more hours passed the more I felt him anxious.

We were in the car heading to the restaurant, when I squeezed his hand softly

"Everything will be fine just try to stay calm" I said reassuring him

He let out a deep breath and parked the car.

Once in front of the restaurant he took my hand in his and said

"Let's go"

*****

The dinner went well; at least Adam didn't lose his temper. Russell apologised for his sins and requested to have another chance. Adam decided to think about it but told him to don't expect so much because the only father for him is Mr Clark and no matter what happen in the future no one even Russell won't take Mr Clark place. I could easily understand since Adam didn't know any fatherly figure apart of him.

There were sometimes where Adam was harsh with his biological father but except that we could say that was a good encounter at least it helped to soften things between them.

Russell left with a wide smile and we did the same. Adam drove me at my place and accompanied me to the door. The atmosphere was a little thick and awkward because I didn't want him to leave and it seemed like he didn't want either.

I decide to break the silence

"So good night..." I said like more a question. He kept his eyes on me for a moment and replied

"Yes...rest well" And walked away. When he disappeared I closed the door and leaned on it letting out a deep breath. I kicked off my shoes and detached my hair. I was walking to my room when I heard a knock at the door.

It was Adam I didn't have time to talk; he crashed his lips on mine. I was in shock; it was the last thing I expected from him. I felt his hands on my cheeks caressing me with his thumbs. The softness of his lips made me respond to the kiss, I felt his smile on my mouth and kissed me harder.

He stopped and stuck his forehead to mine looking straight in my eyes.

"I want you Iris... I want you so bad"

My eyes widened at his statement, he detached his hands from my face and put them on my waist.

"I can't hold my attraction for you anymore, I tried during these last weeks but now....it's just too much"

He caressed my jaw line, my lower lip and my neck with his finger; I melted under his touch and closed my eyes.

"I know you want it too" He whispered close to my ear. I put my hands on his hard chest and clenched his shirt. He started to kiss me on my neck and I lost it and let out a soft moan. He took it at an encouragement and claimed my lips again.

My arms made their way to his neck deepening the kiss; his hands found my hips massaging it. The kiss was more and more passionate. We were lost in each other when I felt his arms under my thighs. I understood what he wanted and jumped to encircle my legs on his waist. Adam carried me as if I weighed nothing and made his way to my couch. He get rid of his shoes and his vest after he put my back on the couch, all this without diverting his eyes from me. He crawled on me and started to kiss me on my neck, my collarbone while I was trying to unbutton his shirt and let me tell you I didn't know how I succeed but soon after I felt his soft skin under my hands. He let out a groan when I grabbed his broad shoulder. He was massaging my breast over the fabric when he heard my moans he tore up my top leaving me only on my bra. I put instinctively my hands on my chest to hide it from his eyes. My insecurities had taken over. He grabbed my hands in his putting them beside my head

"Don't hide from me love you are so beautiful" He said looking straight in my eyes and gave me a soft kiss on my lips.

"I think we will be more comfortable on your bed" He said with a smirk and I nodded at him. He carried me there. He opened the zip of my skirt letting it fall and unclasped my bra. I expected to feel a disapproving look when he would see my belly and thighs but I saw just lust and hunger. He pushed me softly on the bed and positioned himself on me. I was on cloud nine feeling his hands on my body, his mouth on my breast. Everything was new for me and the fact it was with Adam make all the thing better. His fingers were on the edge of my panties. It was now or never, I held his hand stopping him for going further.

"Everything is ok" He asked me with concern

"Yeah it's just..." I was so shy to even say it

"Go ahead Iris" He encouraged me caressing my belly. I closed my eyes hard and blurted

"I've never done it"

I waited for him to say or do something but nothing, I opened my eyes and he was looking at me with shock

"Adam..."

"You mean you are a virgin" he whispered. I just nodded at him and the next moment he jumped of the bed. He's going back and forth both of his hands pulling his hair.

Why he behaved like this...

He pulled me out of my thoughts when he said like more talking to himself

"No... How this is possible?"

"Adam..." I said again covering myself with the sheets and going towards him but I stopped when he took a step back and stormed out of the room .I stood still on my place and moments later I heard the door close.

My tears flowed down my cheeks and I put my hand on my chest caressing it trying to decrease the pain but it was so hard to bear that I fell on my knees. 

***

Hey my lovely readers

So in your pov why Adam behaved like this?

I can't wait to read your comments

Please don't forget to vote and share too

Have a nice day