Chapter 23

Iris pov*

Sipping on my tea and looking at the streets I felt so calm, so in peace like I was long time ago. I made the right decision by coming here. This last ten days were relaxing; I slept late in the morning, taking my time to pamper myself after that I always found a complete breakfast made by my lovely mother before she went to work. I spent my day reading, cooking, or walking in town enjoying the view. In the evening we ate together with my mom and brother, cuddling all together in front of a movie or playing games or just having long chat about our childhood, memories our projects and it's like that I found out my little brother want to become an architect. I will do everything I can for him to achieve his dream. We celebrated Christmas just the three of us, it was amazing.

I was far away from stress, from anxiety, from judgement, from work and.... Adam. The last time I saw him was when he came to my apartment and I avoided his calls and messages after that.

So for the moment everything was perfect.

I was brought back from my thoughts when I felt arms around my shoulders.

"Hey Dimi" I said

"You are early today" My brother said

"Yeah it's Sunday so I wanted to prepare the breakfast for mum and you" I smiled

"Did you make you famous waffle" He asked with wide eyes

I laughed at his expression and nodded, he literally run the dining room. Not long after mom joined us.

The weather was soft for a winter day so we decided to enjoy our afternoon in the small garden, we were preparing a barbecue when we heard a knock, my brother went to open the door. He spent some time there so we decided to check on him, the closer we got the more I heard a familiar voice. Some steps later I came face to face with my boss who gave me a bright and large smile.

"Adam" I narrowed my eyes at him

"Good afternoon Iris, Madame" He said and made assign to my mom whom looked at him then at me with questioning eyes

"What are you doing here" I asked

He started rubbing his neck and said softly

"Well...I...umm...I wanted....to "He was clearly nervous not knowing what to say; my mom certainly pitied him and stopped his blabbering

"Iris sweetie where are your manners, let your boss enter before assaulting him with questions" She looked at him with a smile. I rolled my eyes and won a glare from my mother. I cleared my throath and said

"Yes... excuse me Sir, please follow me" And I walked to the living room followed by them

"Make yourself comfortable" I gestured to the sofa and added "What can I serve you?"

"A glass of water will be fine" Adam replied once sitting

When I returned my mom and Dimitri were discussing comfortably.

Adam took the glass from me with a smile and brushed his fingers with mine in the process. I felt my cheeks burning.

"Forgive my intrusion Ms Olsen, I know I come uninvited but I wanted to see Iris"

"No worries Mr Clark, as Iris boss you are welcome anytime" My Mom replied warmly

"It's Mr Wyatt, mom" I said. She looked at me so I gave her the I will explain later look

"Oh sorry Mr Wyatt" She quickly said

"Call me Adam Madame and thank you for your sweet words" Adam said giving my mom his charming smile. This smart a** was trying to win her.