Chapter 31

Iris pov*

What is better than take a good and warm shower and have a delicious dinner with your lover after an exhausting work day. Absolutely nothing in my point of view, so that's exactly what I did and now I am comfortable wearing my minnie mouse comfy pajamas laying, my legs on the couch with my notebook and pen listing the guest for my wedding. I was focused on my task when Adam joined me.
He sat at the end of the couch and took my feet putting them on his thigh s and started massaging them. I almost let out a moan almost.... his warms hands were doing magic.

He smiled at me before asking

"What are you doing?"

"The wedding planner called me this afternoon and asked for our guest list as soon as possible so here I am"

Without an answer I continued

"There won't be a lot of people on my side just my grandmother, 2 aunts, 1 uncle and cousins with their partners and kids plus mom and my brother naturally. If I don't forget anyone they are going to be 32 persons"

"That's all no friends?" He said

"Well I have some colleagues maybe I could add but no close friends"

"So they will be in the work related category I guess"

"Yeah and speaking about my grandmother you have to meet her before the wedding she is very important to me and you will absolutely love her"

"Gladly we can plan it for the next weekend but why I didn't see her when I was in your mom's house at Christmas?" He asked

"She was on cruise with her besties" I chuckled

"Wow enjoying I see...that's good" He added with a smile

"Yes she is living her best life"

I replied. After a short silence I asked a question which was in my mind for a long time.

"Babe" I called

"Humm" Adam said without looking at me continuing his work on my feet

"Will you invite your father... I mean Russell"

He let out a deep breath

"I don't think so"

"Why because you don't want to see him or afraid to hurt your mom and dad?"

"More the second one... I think it would be weird and uncomfortable to have them in the same place. I don't want to impose his presence to my parents it would be disrespectful in my opinion"

"You could discuss the topic with them... at least our wedding could be the occasion to bury the hatchet" I said softly. After a long silence when I thought to apologize because maybe I said something I didn't have to he finally spoke

"I will consider it"

"Ok" I simply said

"What about you? You never told me about your father"

This topic was always sensitive for me considering my father has a great part of responsibility for my insecurities he was the first person to reject me.

"There is nothing to tell" I replied putting my notebook aside

"What do you mean? Is he..."

I didn't let him finish

"No no he is alive... but for us there is no difference he is dead for me at least"

Adam looked at me without a word so I continued