Chapter 11 - Finally learning to be badass

Short chapter this time!

“What are you talking about,” Melya manages to say, “I’m not an elf.”

“Really? Last time I checked, nothing was wrong with my ears. Not-pointy ears,” Sisi says arrogantly, “And if I had misheard Arion multiple times, why are you wearing a scarf around your  head at all times? I’ve never seen your ears. Not even the day I met you.”

“I don’t like my hair getting all messed up,” Melya states, “and the scarf is a part of our uniform.”

“Don’t be stupid. You even wear a scarf while we’re not working, you even have one for your other clothes!”

“As I said, I don’t like my hair getting all messed up!”

“You can’t fool me. Maybe everyone else buys your brilliant act, but not me. Not anymore.”

Melya pulls her arm out of Sisi’s hands.

“And what if I would be an elf? What would you do?”

“So I’m actually right?” Sisi’s eyebrows disappear under her own scarf.

“I never said that.”

“That means I am right. I don’t know. I think I should tell anyone…”

“And that is exactly what you’re not going to do.”

“What?”

Melya tries to sound threatening now: “If you dare breath a word of this to anyone, or even a mouse in the walls, I’ll kill you. I am a healing student, I know which way will hurt the most.” Sisi’s face pales.

“Are you serious? You can’t even hold a butter knife properly,” she tries.

“I won’t use a butter knife, will I?” the elven woman says calmly.

“Of course not!” the other girl finally gets it.

“Good. Don’t forget this.”