Ch 9

Hi readers, I know its been a while (SORRY). Hope you enjoy :)

"My father owns a very big publishing company here in London that has offices all over the world. He was in trouble last year financially and had to merge his company with another.
That company happened to be Nikki's father's company. The only way he agreed to signing with my father was if I married her.
I married her about eight months ago and it's strictly business. I didn't want to, but my older sister is my parents favorite of the family, and my mum and dad always look at my life as one disappointment after another.
I wanted to show them that I would do anything for them. I know I should have told you that I'm wealthy and that I'm in a forced marriage. I am so sorry you found out this way".

(Taylor)

I was still in a bit of shock, even after James had explained the situation. Nikki, his wife, had left and we had spent about an hour more in the restaraunt going over the details so I could further grasp the situation.

It did bother me, but what was I to do?

"Taylor, I know I should have told you sooner, but I really like you and wanted to find the proper way to tell you. I hope you can forgive me."

"So has she ever lived with you?" He laughs. "No Taylor, she has not. It's only a piece of paper. We only share our business and that's about it."

I sighed in relief. "But she does like you, that's obvious." He shrugs. "It doesn't matter. I happen to like a different girl at the moment."

Oh.

He takes my hand and lifts the back of it to his lips and plants a soft kiss to it. "She is smart." Another kiss to my hand. "Beautiful." A kiss to my shoulder. "Outspoken." A kiss to my cheek. "Incredible." He whispers this last phrase, inches from my face. I'm glad that this restaraunt is dimly lit so he cannot see the red beginning to form on my cheeks. He lingers there and then leans forward to plant a soft kiss to my lips. I wrap my left arm around his neck and revel in the fact that even though there is a lot going on in his world, if he means what he says, he wants me in it.

He stands to his feet and runs a hand through his hair before offering me his hand to take. "Ready?" I nod and we leave the restaurant. James leads us to a car parked out front, but not just any car, a limo.

"Where's your car James? The one we drove over in?"

"I wanted to show you what my life is normally like while I'm not at school. After you." He says as he opens the car door for me. I step inside and I'm pretty sure the grin on his face is from the fact that my eyes could practically pop out of my head at any given moment.

"Taylor Blake, this is Logan, my driver."

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Blake." Logan turns from his postiion in the driver's seat to give me a small smile. 

"Please, call me Taylor." I offer a small smile in return and feel slightly uncomfortable. What happened to the boy I met on the first day of moving in to my apartment? The one who yelled at me for banging on the wall? He seems to be here, but miles and miles away at the same time. I stare at this man who seems to be looking at me in almost, admiration?

"What?" I giggle as he keeps staring at me.

"Nothing. It's just that I have never had a girl not know who I was, or have a girl who doesn't care what kind of money I have."

"My father wasn't the richest man when he met my mother, and she loved him regardless. I feel that they have taught me a lot about not caring about those kinds of things. When they met, it was never about material things, it was always about just being together, and I feel like that's important."

He smiles and brings me into his arms. "It sounds like your parents raised you right. Logan, could you please take us to the location we discussed earlier?"

"Sir." He starts the car and we begin driving away into the night.

We arrive in front of a huge building that I do not recognize. He takes my hand and we go inside. It is a giant room that appears to be raining on the inside. I gasp in surprise and try to cover my head from the rain as we walk into the room. He laughs and brings my hands down and entwines them with his.

"This is called the Rain Room. There are eight motion sensors above, pouring water from the ceiling  but will not get you wet  as you move through the room, leaving you completely dry." I look up and around the room while still holding his hands. "This is a amazing!"

We continue to walk through this amazing room and suddenly stop in the middle. He looks down to look me in the eyes and then kisses me. He then leans down to whisper in my ear, "I am so glad to have you here, here with me."

***** So there's chaper 9! I really hope you like it! This has probably been my favorite chapter to write so far! :) I loved writing about Taylor's parents a bit in this chapter because I miss Mac and Mason from TLACB  :(  So please comment and vote if you liked it!

Also, I uploaded a new story to Wattpad called 'All the Right Things', if you could please check it out if you'd like. :)