WHAT GUYS LOOK FOR IN GIRLS (#SHAVE4NASH)

As many of you know, this video that Nash Grier uploaded about what guys look for in girls was made a very, very, very long time ago... and for some reason i'm just now deciding to comment about it. It's definitely a tad too late, but it's angered many Youtubers and has overall generated a pretty negative reaction.

Basically in the video, Nash, JC, and Cameron talk about what they find attractive in girls and fundamentally about their ideal girl. What i'm going to do is list the things they said in quotes and comment what comes to mind first. All of these are just for laughs, because they say some pretty hilarious shit. You can agree or disagree, your decision.

"Entertain me"- Nash. Problem number one, girls are not here for anyone's "entertainment"... really? On a side note, I honestly wonder if Vine is considered a job. Do people get paid for this?

"Spontaneous"- Cameron. And then JC agrees and says "Yeah, spontaneous. Like, if a girl says 'let's go to the park and walk around'". LOOOOOOOOOOL. Wow, so spontaneous, let's go to the park and walk around.

"Some of the girls these days are all glorified, like, 'i'm gonna date a rich guy'"- Cameron. LOOOOOOOOOOLING RN.

"It's cool if you have a talent, like captain of the cheer team"- Nash. Yeah, cool if you have a real talent... like captain of the cheer team. I'll agree with Nash when being captain of the cheer squad actually becomes CONSIDERED a talent.

"If you play too hard-to-get, than it's a challenge. But if you play too easy-to-get, than you're a whore"- Nash. LOL, who do these kids think they are. Nash probably thought he was a genius when he said this, how much do you want to bet.

"Long socks and a skirt"- Nash. So just dress like one of those schoolgirl halloween costumes?

"Really good smiles"- JC. Make sure that you can afford braces and the proper dental work.

"Dimples"- JC. If you don't have dimples, than you're screwed and you will obviously never get yourself a man.

"Freckles"- Nash. If you don't have freckles either, than you're 0 and 2 right now.

"Can't draw on the eyebrows too much/Only light makeup"- Nash. The fact that they're all so particular about makeup on girls is absolutely hilarious. You should be makeup artists then, since you obviously know so much about it.

"Short girls"- JC. If you're tall, you mind as well give up now. 

"Brunettes"- JC. What kind of brunette, though? Because if you're more of a light brunette, I don't know if you would count or still qualify.

"Curly hair"- Cameron. If you don't straighten your hair everyday or have naturally straight hair, but instead it's wavy and/or curly, then A+ for you!

"Peach fuzz on your upper lip, arm hair, just wax or shave. When there's hair, it's just terrible"- Nash. Facepalm. No. No. No. Just no. You're not in the position to tell someone what to do with their body hair. Shut up. I have arm hair, and I definitely do not shave my brown arm hairs. Most girls don't even shave their arms to begin with. I'm not on the heavy side, but my hair isn't so light that you can't see it. You're supposed to love who you end up with because of who they are, not because of how much hair they have. If they have a little bit of peach fuzz above their lip, than whatever. Suck it up. Those boys are immature and obviously haven't experienced real love yet, because when you fall in love with someone, you don't care whether they have arm hair or lip hair or whatever. Honestly, this is the stupidest video I have ever seen, due to many reasons and not limited to just this.

"Natural look"- Nash. Right, the natural look. But shave everything to make sure everything's as un-natural as possible. Logic.

"Glasses are cute"- Nash. Eyeroll. I wear glasses, but what about the people that don't?

"You can play video games, but don't be better than me"- Cameron. That's not sexist. You can play video games, but don't be better than a guy (because that's not natural, right?)

"Volleyball is the hottest sport for girls"- Nash. Obviously they think it's the hottest sport, because girls wear those tight little pants.

At the end of the video, they have the nerve to say "be yourself, personality-wise and appearance-wise, because that's what makes you the most beautiful." Sorry, but that ship sailed a long time ago with all the standards that you just mentioned. I don't know if an apology video was uploaded after this, but I sure hope so. There's too many fans (that are girls) that watch this and look up to them, for it NOT to be offensive. Isn't this how body issues, self-esteem issues, eating disorders, etc. start? It's not even them directly, but society as a whole and guys that pressure young girls. 

I'm not completely speaking from personal experience, but I still struggle with my own issues. I'm a fairly confident and strong person now, but we all have days when we wish we were prettier and thinner. When we wish we could be that instafamous model with 2.1 million followers. But at the end of the day, it still shocks me that these viners can openly speak about how they like this vs. that. Moreover, they're extremely specific (brunettes vs. blondes, dimples vs. not, freckles vs. not) and it's especially frustrating, because these are things you cannot change. And you should never change yourself. This would literally drive girls nuts.

Everyone has someone they'll end up with in the end that will love them no matter what, and no matter the qualities they have. They did remove the video, but think about it on a larger scale. What if Justin Bieber made this video? How many girls absolutely love him and would be crushed if they didn't fit his set of standards? Your attraction to a woman should stay in your head and heart, and shouldn't be publicly broadcasted. 

You're beautiful, so be who you are because someone loves you for you. Don't give a crap about guys that have a set standard, because they'll have a pretty difficult time finding their ideal girl, because she probably doesn't exist.

xoxo, Mel