V - Anna and Ariadne

A/N

I love Anna Lightwood! She is such a queen and an amazing female role model. 

Enjoy!

The air of London was dark and sinister as a young woman made her way across Blackfriars bridge. Any normal woman would have never dreamed of taking this risk in a city full of men and bars, but Anna Lightwood was not a normal woman.

She strutted along the cobbles, straightening her blue waistcoat that matched her eyes and the patterned bow tie that she had stolen from the fashionable Matthew Fairchild.

Anyone who saw her now would have seen a confident man on the way to drink himself to sanity, glamorously throw up, and do it all over again.

And they would be right.

All she wanted was to distract herself, but the only thing she could think of was the way those lips felt against her own. That skin that was so soft and perfect, rich like melted chocolate. The way her hair fell down her back. The way she wholeheartedly accepted Anna as she was with no questions or judgements, just respect. 

Ariadne Bridgestock.

She was way too good for Anna, and she had made that clear when she had rejected her. Yes, she had been getting married to the son of the consul, but marriage never mattered with Anna's previous conquests. She had dallied with married or engaged women on many occasions and had never suffered repercussions. But this one was different. Anna had never cared about anyone the way she cared for Ariadne. And that was why she would drink those cares away, at least for tonight.

=----------------------------=

Coming up to her usual haunt at the Hell Ruelle, Anna nodded to the werewolf at the door and was let inside.

The first thing she noticed was the noise, or the lack thereof. Then she saw the looks being thrown her way. Suspicion and anger and a little murderous intent, but what was new? This was the life of a Shadowhunter in the downworlder parts of London.

She only began to get suspicious as the people on the dance floor parted for her, muttering as she passed. She held her hand close to the handle of her whip, ready for an attack from any angle, when she saw her.

Anna stopped in her tracks. 

Ariadne looked darkly beautiful in the dim lights of the Hell Ruelle. She was dressed in a gown of flowing violet which complimented her rich skin. Her hair was pinned up, and Anna couldn't get out of her mind the way it had felt between her fingers.

'I was told I would find you here,' said Ariadne, her voice like silk.

Anna vaguely wondered how she had come to know this, and a movement in the back of the room caught her eye. Matthew Fairchild held a hand to his head as if tipping a hat and slipped away. Anna's gaze fell back to Ariadne and the crowd surrounding them.

'Let's take this somewhere... less exposed,' she said with a pointed look at Ariadne. She reached out an arm for her to take but Ariadne moved herself, dress billowing behind her as she made her way delicately but purposefully through the crowd. Anna hurried to catch up and followed Ariadne into the Whispering Room.

The moment she entered she felt herself pressed into the now closed door with determined hands. Ariadne's body pressed against her own as she spoke in hurried tones.

'I tried to get out, I tried, but mother simply would not let me leave the house. Every time I tried to sneak out to you, she was there. I tried to send you letters but she hid them - I didn't know what to do. Oh Anna I'm so sorry,' she breathed.

Anna could barely concentrate with Ariadne's face so close, her lips so dark and beautiful.

Anna was rarely one to forgive but-

'It's ok, my darling it is alright.' She had never stuttered in her life but she did now, tripping over her words in her haste to reassure her distressed love. 'Ariadne...' she murmured, her gaze on the other girl's lips.

In response Ariadne tilted up her face to meet Anna's. 'Yes,' was all she said.

As their lips met Anna felt her heart warm. After years and years of meaningless relationships, giving away small pieces of her heart one at a time, she was finally whole again.

Anna wrapped her arms around Ariadne as if to shield her from the pain that she herself had felt. To wrap her in all the love she could give. As they stumbled toward the couch, the heel of Ariadne's boot caught on the carpet. She would have gone sprawling had it not been for Anna's sure arms. She was dipped low as if in a dance and her eyes were dark brown as they stared into Anna's blue.

'I hate to be a cliche...' she murmured, indicating how they were arranged.

'I am afraid you have no choice in the matter.' Anna replied as she kissed Ariadne again.

They lost themselves and found themselves then, and in the months that followed. Anna Lightwood, and the girl that had stolen and healed her broken heart.