3: She's Straight

Jennie

As the car slowed she listened to the homely sound of the crunching of tires against thick snow; God, she missed this place. Jennie hadn't been home in over five years and now the trees that surrounded the property felt like a distant memory that didn't quite belong to her anymore, the house appearing older and surrounded by far more greenery than before. Then again; Jennie had been the only one to do the gardening in their flat; perhaps some things never changed.

Whilst being a student they had all lived here; though Chaeyoung and Jisoo moved into the house next door when they became a couple, they had all lived there together for a fair amount of years. She could still remember their slight disappointment when she told them she was moving to Seoul for the job; they were all so happy together and Jennie gave them short notice, flying out the door before they could grasp why.

But she didn't do family. And she sure as fuck didn't do safety and comfort as it was something the girl had never had; so when she did hold it there right in her fingertips, in every drunken night and hungover morning, she dropped it before it had the chance to fall.

The guy handed her her bags as a car pulled up beside her, an all too familiar blonde stepping out as her heart ceased.

What the fuck.

The girl looked up as the cars pulled away, meeting brown, doe eyes with some kind of absolute confusion that quickly turned to... fear? Shock? The emotions seemed to change every half a second and she was struggling to keep track; her mind more focussed on what the fuck was happening.

"What the heck are you doing here?"

The voice shouted, quite angrily. Oh, that was new. Jennie wasn't sure why the girl's rage warmed her just below her stomach; of course, her body had decided to be weirdly turned on by this.

"Why the hell are you following me? I swear to God, my friends live here and they will beat your ass. I will call the police!" The weird girl was literally going the hell off at her like a Karen and all Jennie could do was suppress a smile until—

"If you're so attracted to someone ask their number don't freaking stalk them!"

"Oh because I'm gay, right?" Jennie rolled her eyes. "So I must be attracted to fucking Gigi Hadid over here, right? Fucking homophobes, I swear to fucking God, you are not my fucking type, I would rather date a stingy ass dude than y—"

"Jennie!" Seulgi ran screaming from the house, arms wrapping around her as the dog jumped at her legs from behind. "Fuck I missed you. I was beginning to think you were dead."

"We literally FaceTime every week."

"That could have been a simulation."

She scoffed. God, she was happy to see her again. Her heart clenched as she was wrapped in another hug by Chaeyoung and Jisoo, feeling slightly like the squished meat in between a taco amongst their joint grasp.

"Bitch, where the hell have you been?" Jisoo's glare was enough to make even the devil shit himself.

"Work."

"Jen, it's been five fucking years. No one works that much. Cut the shit."

"I have genuinely been working."

"And having sex?"

"Jisoo!"

"What? I need to know you have a healthy sex life up there. People get kinda grumpy without orgasms, it's science."

"That is most definitely not science. And I have a very healthy sex life thank you very much." She didn't.

"Ayy still getting it, Kim!" Seulgi slapped her hand in a much too hard high five. "Oh fuck, my bad, this is Lisa. She's originally from Thailand. Lisa, this is Jennie . Lisa's our new roommate, the reason you're taking the couch. Wendy's sister, Yeri, already took the spare room so you'll have to share the shower in your old room with Lisa and use the couch for now."