9: Concussion My Ass

Jennie

"Why the fuck is Kim making breakfast?"

"If you keep being a shit you're not getting any."

"But you're literally never up?"

Jennie grinned at her and whisked the batter, in a freakishly good mood after the night before.

"Morning, girls." Lisa wandered into the kitchen in pajamas that had small wiener dogs all over them. She certainly didn't think they were cute as hell and quickly moved her focus back to the batter.

Lisa's brows raised slightly at the sight of the girl up and whipping batter but with a flash went back to that Thai smile as if the emotion was never there to begin with; leaving the brunette pondering if she had simply imagined the whole thing.

"Morning, Halsey."

"She's not even blonde."

"Sometimes she is."

"Jennie's been replaced by a clone and is making food." That was Jisoo.

"That's it, you're not getting any, Jisoo."

"Jen, did I forget to mention that I love you? It just came over me this morning, thinking 'bout those abs, OH JENNIE."

"Shut the fuck up, Jisoo." She flicked a bit of batter at her face.

"Ugh, I'm bored of you, whore."

"You love my ass." Jennie winked at her, pouring the batter into the pan.

***

Passing a plate to Lisa she watched as she paused, fork hovering above the food. "You made smiley face pancakes?"

Jisoo chews on her mouthful. "It's the only kind of pancakes Jennie makes. However, she normally only fucking makes them on my birthday so make the most of this shit. Fuck they're good, me and Chaeyoung might be looking to add to our relationship if you keep making these, Jen."

"Wow." Lisa tried a bite, smiling as it hit her mouth. "She must be feeling really great today then."

Jennie didn't miss it, and now knew she hadn't imagined it at all. The slight lilt to her voice and smug turn of her mouth. And by the way Jisoo's eyes flicked curiously between them; she didn't either.

Jennie made an effort to avoid the blonde until Christmas day swung around, it was around that point things began to crumble once again, breaking away before they even began to form.

***

Waking up to Irene jumping on her in Grinch pajamas, was a tradition she had missed greatly over the years; even if she would never care to admit that. Hands pushed an identical pair into her hands that she then pulled on, pulling a grimace of protest that Irene knew was false. Twinning pajamas with Irene was the one redeeming aspect of this godforsaken holiday.

Fucking holidays.

"Lisa! Jennie's making waffles!"

The Thai girl's jaw steeled, clearly not impressed with the days of ghosting Lisa had committed to, or then again, perhaps her personality was finally starting to grate on her. Though she was unsure which of the two was more responsible she knew both had probably played their part, slowly wearing Lisa down until she reached a state of eternal cranky and completely, utterly pissed.

"Morning, Brittany Snow."

Eyes finally moved from Jisoo, slowly dragging across her body and widening as she took in the unexpected pajamas.