10: Defending Your Honor

Jennie

"You're fucking?" Seulgi gazed between the pair incredulously.

Jisoo had kept their secret for a whopping twelve hours, dropping the news—subtle as a bomb—over morning bagels. Fucking predictable the loose lips of the gossip queen, Jisoo Kim.

Jennie choked on her cream cheese and moved her stare to Lisa whose eyes were as wide as Bambi on ice.

"Uh—"

"I can't believe this, things were going so well then you two fuck once and now everything is gonna go to shit!" Wendy dropped her bagel on the worktop, arms flailing in the air.

"It wasn't just once." Jisoo added as if trying to rectify the situation and instead digging their graves a solid foot deeper.

"It wasn't once?" Irene now chimed in, raising a brow in an insinuating way that made Jennie's blood run cold.

"Um, no?" She chewed on the word like a question as she looked to the blonde for some if any help in this situation what-so-fucking-ever. It was a lost cause.

"Guys, please just drop it." Lisa stirred her coffee with a fork as if her mind was stuck in the middle of nowhere.

"Drop it? We want details. Positions. Orgasm data. Your favorite Twilight character and your choice of takeout so we can run your Buzzfeed compatibility quizzes."

Groaning the girl ran a hand through her hair. "Damn it, we are not discussing this with y'all. We were horny, we were single and shit happened. And yes it happened a few times because the sex was good and what else is there to do over the holidays?"

Jennie knew she probably shouldn't be offended by that. That was just what it was right? A hookup. Meaningless and fleeting. Totally meaningless. Nothing. No emotion there whatsoever.

So why the fuck was her stomach clenching like she'd just been stabbed?

"Right." Jennie pushed the bagel back into her mouth even though her stomach protested.

Jisoo's eyes narrowed at her momentarily, just for a mere second before anyone could notice. But Jennie did. She noted the sudden raise of her eyebrows after like she was just figuring something out; figuring her out. It made the brunette squirm like she was being questioned on some foreign island they were being held hostage on.

"Right." The Thai beamed and turned to move away.

"Lisa, you and Jennie are on shopping duty today." Seulgi pointed at the rocks with their names on.

"Yeah and no fucking in the fruit aisle. It has CCTV." Jisoo added.

Chaeyoung paused at the laughter. "She's not joking, it really does. The dairy aisle is all good though, at the back by the hemp milk. No one's stealing that shit, everyone knows oat and almond is where it's at."

Jennie's jaw hung slack as she looked between the pair.

***

The ride there was weird as shit; not due to awkwardness or any absence of speech, but because Lisa was talking to her. Acting like they were just great friends and this morning hadn't occurred. Her voice was higher pitched than normal and her grin reached her eyes as she gossiped animatedly about some singer Jennie had never heard of. They didn't gossip, to be frank, they rarely held a conversation more than four words unless Jennie's fingers were in her, and even then it was mostly just directional banter.

"So what's on the shopping list?"

Momentarily struck by how domestic this was, she paused, but then Lisa was here acting like they were freaking gal pals and it pissed her the fuck off.