Needed Me

"Why am I here." The grumpy voice keeps repeating.

"Honestly, Tsukki, I am not sure. You're the one that tagged along. It's almost like we are your only friends or something." You respond.

Since the day you had a run-in with Tetsurou at the arcade, the two of you made plans for a date, which is happening tomorrow. And as you rummaged through your closet and panicked because you didn't have anything to wear, you made your way to the mall. You dragged Hinata along for payback because he made you help him choose out underwear, fair is fair. Somehow Tadashi and Tsukishima ended up tagging along too. Not that you minded, the more company, the better.

Finding something to wear for a date is so stressful. Tetsurou didn't even tell you where he was taking you, so you are not sure how to dress.

What if I overdress? Or underdress?

Kiyoko was busy at work today, so you have to rely on the advice of three men who rather be at the arcade right now than shopping, but also, same. All the advice she gave you was 'dress to impress' Whatever that means.

"What about this, Y/N?" Out of the three, Tadashi was helpful. He seemed interested and focused on helping you. He was holding up a cute denim dress that matches your aesthetic. But, for some reason, it didn't fit the vision you had in your mind. "It's very nice, Yams, but I'm thinking a little fancier?"

"WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE!" Hinata manages to find the most frilly, puffy, sequined prom dress in this store. You giggle at him because it was fancier than Tadashi's choice but a little too fancy.

"Um, that's very nice, but maybe not so MUCH?"

"Well, you did say fancy..." Hinata scratches his head in confusion. He was trying, so you give him credit.

"She said fancy, not a wedding dress." Tsukki snarls.

"OH YEAH, WELL, I DON'T SEE YOU TRYING TO HELP."

As the two were bickering, your eyes land on a black dress. Long sleeve, loosely fitting, and subtle. Something you most definitely would wear. "That's nice, Y/N. But, I mean, that kinda already looks like what you have on..." Tadashi responds. He was right. It was almost identical to the one you were wearing, the oversize t-shirt dress and leggings.

"Get the red one."

You knew which red dress Tsukishima was talking about, the one that caught your eye the minute you walked into the store. The red dress was skin-tight and silky, with barely any fabric. Something you have never worn before because you have been too timid to wear.

"I-I can't wear that..." You shyly respond. It wasn't like you were ashamed of your body. It's just your vibe has always been more on the cute side. Wearing something sexy like that required a lot of confidence, which you lack sometimes.

"Why not? That's what you mean by fancy, right? You want to wear something that impresses him, right? You want him to think you look hot, don't you? I mean, that is why we are here. Not to buy something that you already own. You know, red is Kuroo's favorite color."

Surprisingly, Grumpyshima gave you some good advice. He was right. Subconsciously, you came here to look for something different than your regular attire. Tetsurou's sex appeal drips from his pores. No matter what he wears, you know he will be the most attractive person you have ever laid your eyes on. You wanted to feel sexy too. The way he makes you feel when he wraps his tattooed arm around your waist. And this dress was perfect.

===============

"Wait, you're telling me Tsukishima chose that dress?" Kiyoko exclaimed as you showed her your outfit. She was video calling you on the day of your date.