Say You Won't Let Go

The tempo was much slower than the first dance. Even on the top floor, you can still hear the music playing as the two of you sway with the melody. The balcony concrete was cold on your bare feet. Your head rested on his shoulders, enjoying the sound of his steady heartbeat in your ear.

"Do you know what this reminds me of?" His voice vibrated on your skin.

"Hmm?"

"The first time we went to a party like this. Well, not as lavish, but still, do you remember that?"

You nod into his chest. It was such a long time ago. All you remember was meeting his friends from high school for the first time.

"It was Issei's birthday, I think? Or Kindaichi's? I don't remember."

"That's right. But it was also the night I knew that I was in love with you." He whispers.

Your heart dropped when he said those words. There was a lump in your throat as your eyes began to water.

"Wait. Tooru. That party. We were only dating for about a month then?" The first time the two of you said the words you loved each other, that day at the park was three months after that party.

Tears begin to rush down your cheeks as you realized he loved you all that time, and you didn't even know it.

"Yep. I knew I loved you then."

FLASHBACK:

"Tooru, are you sure? I don't have to go. These are your friends. I don't want to intrude." You said as the two of you are in his bedroom, he is rummaging through his closet, trying to find something to wear.

"I want you to meet them. It will be great Y/N."

"Go with us, Y/N. Or else Oikawa will be cranky the entire night." Iwaizumi yells as he is walking through the hallway. Tooru rolls his eyes, but it was true, he wanted you to meet his friends. He talks about you to them often. He wanted to show them how important you were to him.

"Okay, Tooru, I'll go." Your response makes his eyes close as he smiles at you. There was nothing you wouldn't do to see him smile like that.

Iwaizumi drives the three of you to a dance club. You held Tooru's hand the entire time. You were nervous about meeting all of his friends. Not to mention this is your first time at a nightclub.

"You look beautiful," Tooru whispers to you as the car comes to a stop. Even outside the building, you can hear the music rumbling.

The two of you follow behind Iwaizumi. Through the crowds of people, the music becomes louder. "It's okay, Y/N. I'm right here." Tooru says, wrapping his hand on your shoulder, making sure you don't get lost in the crowd.

The three of you made it to a blocked-off section, where the music is a little more bearing than on the actual dance floor.

Your eyes meet two tall men with black hair, one spiky and one messily made. Both of them were taller than Tooru. Both of them had somewhat an intimidating grin to them. "Shit, she is real." You heard one of them say as Tooru extends his hand to greet them. "Really? I told you she was...y/n this is Kindaichi Yuutarou and Matsukawa Issei."

"It's nice to meet you guys," you nervously say, "h-happy birthday Matuskawa."

"It's pretty cool that you're Oikawa's girlfriend. I never thought he'd ever get serious. You can call me Issei." He was like Iwaizumi, in the sense that his stern-like face didn't match his personality. He was funny. All of them were actually. Two other of Tooru's friends showed up behind you, one with light brown hair and the other one had black hair, parted in the middle.