18

Jalanee Coleman Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Jalanee Coleman
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Today I was meeting Elijah out for Brunch. I put on a simple white summer dress with sandals and my purse.

I had gotten three tattoos,one on the side of my neck,my side,and my hand,I had them wrapped on so I looked kinda of funny. I haven't seen Kentrell since our date but we've been on the phone for basically the whole day,both busy with our own schedules.

Yesterday I had taken my final exams for my classes,so i decided to treat myself. My sister had gotten her house 2 houses down from me,which I just found funny because she was coming to my house every other hour annoying the shit out of me.

"Lanee come",She yelled from downstairs. I grabbed my house and car keys from my dresser and walked downstairs.

"What happened?", I said as I stood on top of the stairs.

"Come down I have to give you something.",She said waving a envelope at me.

I walked down the steps slowly and looked at her.

"You look cute where you going?",She literally been mothering me ever since I went away for college.

"Out for brunch with Elijah", I said

"What you need to give me" I spoke again

She handed me the envelope,I looked at her again.

"I'm scared",She laughed. I opened the Envelope and there were two plane tickets to Antigua and Barbuda. I looked up at her shocked.

"Your birthday is on Monday so I wanted to do right. I haven't spend your birthday with you since we were little. So I booked a suite for us to go tonight once we land.", She said smiling. I had completely forgotten about my birthday. I smiled and hugged her.

"Aww Kayla. You and I both know I needed this trip," I smiled again ,"Thank you Baby",I said to her and nodded her head.

"Go ahead and go have fun. I'll pack your bags for you since we leaving at 9. and don't forget to tell your boyfriends",She said.

"Boyfriends? What you chatting about now Kayla?",I side eyed her

"That Jordan nigga. He was blowing up your phone the other night while you was sleep. Not you really playing Kentrell." She said.

"I don't talk to Jordan,We went on a few dates before me and Kentrell was a thing I just never told him that I was seeing Kentrell now and I feel like I shouldn't have to. He wasn't my man." I explained to her.

"He calling your phone like he was your nigga. He moving like your crazy ass ex Kai",She said. I grew uncomfortable at the thought of his name. Nobody in my family knew what he did recently,I know my brother will act out and I didn't have time for any of my parents worrying about me. Kayla let alone was crazy.