Chapter 27- Goodbyes and Airplanes

"Goodbye, Naomi," I said, but my words were muffled instantly as she wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Gonna miss you," she said.

"You too," I replied.

"Val, there's something I have to tell you. Niall broke up with me after the concert. He didn't thtink it would work out, us being so far away."

"What's? That's terrible. And ridiculous."

"You're telling me."

"Well, I guess this is it. Bye, Naomi. Text me, call me, whatever."

"The same to you," she replied with a small smile.

Suddenly, she was gone. She had been sucked through the crowd away from me.

I turned around to see Simon standing next to me. "You did wonderful, and I'm very pleased that you are involved in the arts somehow."

"Thank you. It means a lot," I said, a smile coming to my face.

"Where are your belongings?" Simon asked.

"Over there in that pile. Don't sweat it, I'll go get them. I only have my suitcase and my trombone, so it isn't that much."

"All right fine. At least let me carry them to the car I have waiting."

"Okay."

"So my sources tell me that you have in fact met One Direction," he said with a smile, but a frown settled on mine.

"About that, I have a favor to ask you, Uncle Simon. Could you give these to the boys? I kind of screwed things up between them, and I just wanted to apologize."

"I'm sure whatever it is, they will forgive you. I'll give them the letters the moment you are out of my sight."

"Thanks."

Simon led me over a luxury compact car that even had someone driving in the front seat. I could see them tapping the wheel impatiently from here. Simon carried my old suitcase to the car, and it fell with a clunk as it hit the trunk.

I slipped into the backseat, and the driver sped away. As the car left, I watched as the university faded behind me. Soon, it would be just a memory. As I caught the last glance of the camp, I thought I saw a familiar patch of brown hair.

Liam.

But, when the boy turned, my dreams crashed. It was just another boy, one that was definitely not Liam and not a member of One Direction.