MBTI All About INTJ: Architect

INTJ: The Architect, (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)

Sometimes referred to as the "Architect," or the "Strategist," people with INTJ personalities are highly analytical, creative and logical.According to psychologist David Keirsey, developer of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, approximately one to four percent of the population has an INTJ personality type.

INTJs Rely on Four Key Cognitive Functions:

Dominant: Introverted Intuition

INTJs use introverted intuition to look at patterns, meanings, and possibilities. Rather than simply looking at the concrete facts, they are more interested in what these facts mean. People with this personality type enjoy thinking about the future and exploring possibilities. When remembering events, they may recall impressions more than exact details of what occurred. INTJs are good at "reading between the lines" to figure out what things might really mean.

Auxiliary: Extraverted Thinking

As a secondary function in the INTJ personality, extroverted thinking leads people to seek order, control, and structure in the world around them. For this reason, INTJs can be very deliberate and methodical when approaching problems. People with this personality type tend to make decisions based on logic. They organize their thoughts in order to see cause-and-effect relationships.

Tertiary: Introverted Feeling

INTJs use introverted feeling but because it is a tertiary function, they do so to a lesser degree than they use the dominant and auxiliary functions. Those who develop this aspect of their personalities more fully pay greater attention to values and feelings when making decisions. As a result, they may also feel more drawn to people and activities that are well-aligned with their values.

Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

In INTJs, this tends to be the least developed of their cognitive functions, but it does still exert some influence. This function allows people to experience process information through their senses. When this function is in play, people may feel that they are living in the moment and are energized by the world around them.

INTJs You Might Know

Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President 

C.S. Lewis, Author 

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Actor & Politician 

Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings 

Lance Armstrong, Cyclist

Source: www(dot)verywellmind(dot)com