Past Renounced

Sage woke up upon the sight of a nightmare. Ok... nightmare wouldn't be the word to use. More like memory. One he thought had been locked away for good. But that was a lie.

~!_!~

"G-guys?"

A small group of kids were shaking in a closet as soft, persuading noises went past the door. A dark blue haired boy that was only a year behind Sage at the time gripped his arm lightly.

"Are we going to make it?"

Sage shifted the male so that he was giving him a back hug. A smaller boy, who couldn't be more than five, nodded.

"Oui. We will. All costs." A younger Elita smiled.

"Midnight's right, everyone. We must stay together. Everyone, group hug. We'll make it." Sage nodded as they pulled themselves together, the noises from outside getting louder.

~!_!~

Sage couldn't tell what happened after that. Darkness... then the door opened. He could be wrong. He rubbed his face as he went over to the other rangers. Cedar went over, concerned.

"Are you ok?" He nodded weakly.

"Rough and confusing night. I'll be ok." Cedar nodded faintly as Sage lightened up. "Ok! Today is avoiding Fall City rangers. Remember that Joel will try as well. Is there anything that should be done or addressed?" A ranger held up some envelopes.

"Mail came! Should I call out names?" Sage nodded as she stood up. Many of the other rangers were called. "Captain, you have two... Cedar... you have one..." Cedar brought the three letters and gave Sage his two. Sage opened the one to Lapis's letter while the other rangers went out.

"Dear Sage,

Copy that Captain! It'll be a little weird getting used to that...

Hey, I warned you! She probably will kill me once we meet eye to eye. Or maybe she'll spare me and I'll only have to worry about not pissing her off.

Wait... Chris is there? Oh come on! I thought he was still in school at the minimum. Who else is there that I should be aware of?

~Lapis."

Sage smiled at that. Lapis did have a little bit of humor. He opened the other letter.

"Hey Sage.

I was able to find the picture. Hope it helps.

~Chris :)"

Sage pulled out the picture and paused.

That's when it hit him. Lapis, the kid that hardly left his side. He remembered everything about it. He sat down as the memory raced through his mind.

~!_!~

"Sage?"

The small green haired boy let his eyes drift up to see the bluenette. He looked back down as he knelt beside him.