chapter 30/final battle

"I love you Gabriel"

===

CHAT NOIR

===

It felt like the nightmare was playing over and over in his head. Ladybug repeatedly gets cataclysmed in the chest while he is just frozen there not moving on the floor only there to watch and observe. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't reach out and save her.

"no no no..." Chat mumbles stirring in his forced slumber "no no NO" he sits up fast grimacing from the pain in his back and chest.

"Ladybug?" he looks around taking in his surroundings "Marinette?" he sits upright blinking back the black dots in his vision he grits his teeth through the pain. He can feel that he had detransformed

"Plagg?"

The little black kwami was lying in a crumpled heap on the day bed next to him

"PLAGG!"

He gets up, eyes watering from the pain that could now be felt everywhere on his body, He rushes over to Marinette's desk looking for a cookie or something to feed his exhausted kwami. Finally, he stumbles upon a passion fruit macaroon in a small jewelry drawer.

He rushes over to his unconscious kwami forcing open his tiny mouth. He helps him chew and get it down. Plagg stirrs opening his eyes a little "Adrien?"

"Yes yes it's me are you ok"

"Yeah" he winces, "I think so"

"We need to go help Ladybug"

Plagg nods, not fighting with him for once "You know the words"

"Plagg claws out"

The transformation eases some of the pain but not nearly enough, he falls back down onto the daybed with a grunt.

The trapdoor opens suddenly startling the injured chat

"Chat Noir" Sabine, the bakery owner softly calls out "Oh you're awake, I brought you some tea, I don't know what happened but you seemed to be in a lot of pain"

"How'd I get here"

"Ladybug came rushing in here about 3 hours ago, she didn't have time for an explanation but she left you here to rest and by the looks of it" she walks over to pace a soft hand on his forehead "you need it"

"Thank you Mrs. Cheng but I need to help Ladybug" he tries to stand up unsuccessfully, grunting with pain and falling back down into the daybed.

"I don't think that's a good idea, my daughter likes you a lot I don't think she'd forgive me if I let you go out in the shape you're in, it's much too dangerous"

Marinette

"Where's Marinette!" he says sitting up fast again locking his jaw to keep from crying out in pain

"Her friends said that she went out with Adrien so I'm trusting that he's keeping her safe"

Chat's face darkens "I'm going to go find her"