Day 500

A few weeks later, Teddy requests a picnic at the Muggle park near Grimmauld Place with both of them, and they go.

He hates Harry Potter, Draco decides.

He hates the way he laughs with his whole body, tossing his head back and letting it roll out of him. He hates his face-splitting grin and mesmerizing eyes, a unique shade of emerald he's never seen on anyone else. He hates his stupid new glasses and his stupid lightning bolt scar that cuts into his right eyebrow and his stupid just-fucked hair. He hates the way he carries Teddy on his shoulders and the warm affection the sight elicits inside of him against his will.

Draco hates that he knows what Harry's mouth tastes like, how it feels to have his hot, solid weight pressing down on him, and he hates that he'll never know it again, because Harry is just so very good, and he loves Teddy more than anyone, and he's trying to protect all three of their hearts all at once like the hero he is, completely oblivious to the fact that Draco's heart is breaking every single day anyway.

Draco hates that Harry seems completely unaware of how much Draco hates him, asking about Draco's job before licking away the ice cream that has dripped down his cone and onto his wrist with an embarrassed little smile while Draco's insides slowly melt.

Yes, he definitely hates Harry Potter.