Day 625

Draco jumps when the door to the back of the shop opens, a belated knock letting him know Harry has arrived.

"Hey," Harry pushes the door further open with his shoulder so that he can skirt around it as it falls closed again, carefully balancing two containers and two forks in his hands.

"Hello," Draco looks up from where he's working, chopping ingredients for his next potion but not actively brewing.

Harry sets the food down and pulls off his Auror robes, tossing them on the coat rack next to the door where Draco's robes are already hanging.

He hops up onto the counter, feet dangling, and watches Draco wash his hands in the sink on the far wall before climbing up to sit beside him.

"Hungry?" Harry asks with a warm smile.

"Starving. How did it turn out?" Draco asks, taking one of the two containers Harry is holding when he offers it.

"Excellent," Harry says, passing over a fork to go with it. "Tell me what you think."

Draco takes a bite, savouring the strong flavor of the spices in the curry. "Merlin Harry, that's incredible, even warmed with a charm the next day. I can only imagine how good it was last night when it was fresh."

"It was even better," Harry grins and opens his own container to eat with him. "So, how did it go last night?"

Draco sighs. "Meeting his mum went really well, I think. Brandon's mum is American and he and his sister were living over there with her during the war before they moved here, so she doesn't really know about, you know, who I am in regards to the war and all that. But Brandon and I had another row. He wants to meet Teddy."

"And you don't feel ready for that?" Harry asks gently.

"I don't know. I want to introduce them, I'm just...what if Teddy doesn't like him?"

"Teddy likes most people," Harry smiles and leans over to nudge Draco's shoulder with his own. "If you like him, Teddy probably will, too."

"Maybe. Maybe I'm being a complete prat about this."

"Maybe," Harry shrugs. "Teddy's yours for a whole month in a couple weeks. You could plan a few outings for the three of you while he's with you? Start with something easy, like a trip to the park, and go from there. Have Brandon suggest you go get ice cream after, he'll win him over in no time."

Draco gives him a grateful smile. "That's a really good idea. Thanks, Harry."

"What are friends for?" Harry hops off the edge of the counter, vanishes his now-empty container, and pulls on his Auror robes. "I'd better get back to the DMLE."

Draco looks down at his half-full container. "How in Merlin's...you eat really fast."

"Well..."

"You're going to depress me with some horrible new piece of information about your childhood, aren't you?" Draco says before he can continue.

Harry laughs and heads for the door. "I'll save it for another time. See you Sunday?"

"Yeah, see you."

Draco smiles at the door as it closes behind him and he can hear Harry saying goodbye to Marie on his way out.