𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2

NOTE: The forehead ribbon the Wei Nika and Wei Lanni has are with Black ribbons instead.

The lan lecture finally started, Wei Lanni sat by the side of the whole room. To not draw attention to herself.

Soon the sects went up one by one to offer their gifts, When the Jiang Sect was about to go up some people walked in and interrupted them.

The Wen Clan.

'Disgusting. Control yourself Lanni. Deal with them later. For now don't draw attention to yourself.' Wei Lanni thought as she hung her head low.

Soon the Wen Sect handed Lan Xichen their gift and left. Soon after the ceremony ended and everyone went back to rest.

During the night, Wei Lanni played her Guqin that she can transform from her flute. She played for a while before she fell asleep.

-the next day-

The first day of the lecture and Lanni wasn't paying attention, she stared out the window day dreaming.

After all, she has already learn everything.

She was snapped back to reality when Master Lan called out Wei Ying's name.

'Did I just hear that correctly? Wei Ying?' She thought as arched an eyebrow.

"Since you don't have to listen to me. Then I have a test for you. Are all evil spirits, demons, ghosts and monsters the same thing?" Master Lan asked Wei Ying.

Wei Lanni did an eye roll. 'Whoa it's like I'm not even here. Assuming us demons are the same as those low ranks? No thank you.'

"No." Wei Ying replied.

Master Lan then asked Wei WuXian to identify them. Of course, he did. He then asked Wei Ying a riddle kind of question, Lanni zoned out again.

Lan Wangji then stood up and said the answers as there was three, Wei Ying protested though. Saying he was trying to come up with a fourth way.

"But I was thinking about the fourth way."

"I have never heard about the fourth way. Tell me what it is."

"The executioner died on the street and it's sure that he would changed into a haunted spirit. Now that he had chopped off the heads of over 100 people, why not dig their tombs and enrage them? Then we could use them to fight against the haunted spirit." Wei Ying explained.

"You have an exaggerated opinion of your abilities. We vanquished demons and monsters, eliminate ghosts and evils among at crossing them over. You don't think about crossing them over, but want enrage them. You have the order reversed and Ignore the human relations!" Master Lan yelled back.

Master Lan than threw something at the younger boy, which he dodged. He threw another and Wei Ying Dodged again.

He was then told to go to the library pavilion and copy the 'Ceremonial Rites And Regulations" for 1,000 times.

—————————————————

Wei Lanni sent a letter back home to ask how are things going, but her brother's reply was far from good.

He explained that the Wen Clan was at Gusu trying to find Yin Iron pieces. When Wei Lanni saw this, she got frustrated instantly and laid back on her bed.

"Yin iron this, Yin Iron That! Forget it, I'm going for a walk."

She grabbed her flute that could transform into any weapon strapped beneath her waist tie went out.

She walked passed the Trio but she payed no mind, but the three boys definitely did.

"Who's that? She's really tall for a girl." Wei Ying asked.

"That's Lady Wei from the well known Wei Sect." Nie Huaisang explained while fanning himself.

"Wei Sect? Wei WuXian, is she your relative or something?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Not that I remember. I remember nothing about my past." Wei Ying said.

——————————————————
-time skip to after water ghouls and getting hit 300 times-

Wei Ying And Lan Zhan went to the cold springs to heal their injuries, and took them under to a cave.

The cave has a Guqin, it revealed the only female Sect Leader Of the Lan Clan.

After she explained everything and vanished, Wei Ying And Lan Zhan took the Yin Iron piece and went back.

————————————————

A new piece of the Yin Iron was exposed, The Wen Clan will definitely try to take it.

Wei Lanni was sent home, and she told her brother everything. But they did not panic, they knew they will never get the last one.

Xue Yang has it after all. Their power were all bond to the Yin Iron.

They feed off of Resentful energy and Negativity, but if it was ever destroyed. Then they will need to feed off Human flesh and blood instead.

No one else in Gusu knows about it, So Lan Zhan decided to go alone to find the rest of the pieces.