Chapter 17: The Wind Ryu: The Jinn State

CHAPTER 17: THE WIND RYU:-THE JINN STATE

"Wow, it's almost impossible to believe that all this has happened to us. A month ago and I'd never have imagined that I'd be saving the world from Nemesis and Shekan. What do you think Ryu?" Michael asked.

Ryu remained silent. The Rainbow jutsu was something impossible by ninja standards. It was only pure ancient magic that could develop such a technique. Ryu wondered how he was able to use that technique without seals or chakra. He didn't want to face the possibility of not being able to keep his promise.

Michael respected Ryu's silence, for he understood the gravity of Ryu's promise.

"Let's take a rest here!" Michael called over the wind.

The dragons descended.

"We need to meditate" Crystal said as she disappeared in a flash of light.

"Molten, I need to talk to you, follow me" Ryu said silently.

"No joke from Ryu, just silence. It's weird but it's almost as if he's matured" Nadia said.

"He must be worried sick about his promise" Michael said.

"Develop a technique stronger than Gaiden's? I think all that fire jutsu must have fried his brain" Atlanta said.

"You don't think he can do it?" Michael asked.

"Gaiden used years to develop the Raiton(Lightning Element) jutsu! Ryu used half an hour to discover it..." Atlanta said.

"Yes? I don't see where your doubt is coming from when you're acknowledging these things" Michael said.

"I do believe Ryu can develop a more powerful jutsu but...I don't believe he can do it before the full alignment of the moons of Tristran. He wouldn't even know where to begin" Atlanta said.

"Yeah right! Where did he learn to create that ridiculous jutsu I won't even mention" Michael said in a bored tone. "When Ryu puts his heart into something, he can do it. I feel the real Ryu is beginning to awaken."

***** ***** ***** ***** ****

Meanwhile, a reasonable distance away, Ryu stood with Molten.

"What is wrong Ryu?" Molten asked.

Ryu remained silent. Molten lowered his head in acknowledgement.

"It's the technique right?" Molten asked.

"Yeah, I know I performed the pact of the succeeding dragon but now I'm wondering whether I should have. Sheesh, I just had to say a technique surpassing Gaiden's" Ryu said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"What of the Rainbow Element Jutsu?" Molten suggested.

"Yeah, that's the greatest but the thing is...I don't know how I did it. I used neither seals nor chakra" Ryu said.

"WHAT?! A TECHNIQUE WITHOUT CHAKRA?!" Molten exclaimed in shock. "That art has long been lost. There was a time when people could perform pure magic without using chakra. Elemental ninjutsu traces its origins from those magi. Presently, only dragons can perform pure magic and before you ask, it's impossible to teach you unless you were born with it" Molten said.

"It's weird but for the first time in my life, I doubt myself. Maybe Atlanta is right, maybe Shekan is more powerful than I am. Probably, it was luck that Gaiden sealed him" Ryu said.

"HEART AND HATE" Molten muttered under his breath.

"What?" Ryu asked.

"Atlanta is right. Shekan was seven times more powerful than Gaiden. Gaiden was a shy type and what does the elemental law say about shy type ninja?" Molten asked.