Chapter 24: The Jinn State Or Ryu

CHAPTER 24: THE JINNSTATE...OR RYU

"It's not that Ryu didn't want to enter the Jinn State...but he couldn't!" the Dragon Lord declared.

"WHAT?! How? He could enter it at will after his battle with the Twisting Devil" Atlanta said.

"Just as other techniques are activated by feelings, the Jinn state is activated by one of the most important of them all. The Jinn State is gone thanks to the three of you...Michael, Nadia and you especially Atlanta" the Dragon Lord accused them.

"How's that our fault?" Atlanta yelled defensively.

"The feeling that is required to activate the Jinn State is the most difficult, absolute belief in yourself. By doubting Ryu, you made him doubt himself. You clouded his mind with guilt. Now, Ryu can never enter the Jinn State in time to defeat Shekan but...he doesn't have to anymore. That responsibility is yours now..." Dragon Lord said with a sly smile.

"Wh-What? What do you mean?" Atlanta asked in surprise and a little amount of fear.

"Since you care so much about the Jinn State..." the Dragon Lord said as he breathed a rainbow of elements in front of Michael, Nadia and Atlanta.

"Here! That's the special body that allows one to enter the Jinn State. Any of you can walk into it to receive its power however..." the Dragon Lord paused grimly.

"But what?" Michael asked.

"The covenant is broken. Ryu's pain is entwining with the weavings of destiny. I'm taking him back since none of you need him. After all, what you really need is the Jinn State" the Dragon Lord said.

Immediately, the Dragon Lord's breath of healing left Ryu and he stumbled to the ground.

"Take a good look. This is the last time you'll ever see or experience Ryu" Dragon Lord said.

Blood began to ooze from Ryu's chest as he trembled in weakness. He then collapsed on his back.

"Don't even think of returning to me! If you do, I don't care who will seal Shekan, I will destroy you all!" the Dragon Lord threatened.

"Ryu!" Michael called as concern he hadn't felt in a while began to fill him.

"Ryu, what is wrong?" Atlanta asked worriedly.

"You guys..." Ryu struggled to say.

"Ryu! Hang on! I'll try to use medical ninjutsu on you!" Nadia called as she stretched her arms to heal Ryu. Her technique wasn't working.

"Wh-What's happening?" Nadia asked in surprise.

Lee had gone to attend to a few injured villagers. He returned and saw Ryu on the ground. He ran towards Ryu in surprise.

"Hey! What happened?! Speak to me!" Lee spoke frantically.

"Stop this! You're killing him!" Atlanta screamed to the Dragon Lord.

"I'm giving him peace. Besides, there are many ways to kill a human being and if there is one thing you humans are proficient at, it is killing one another with cruel words. This is nothing compared to what you have done already" the Dragon Lord said.

"Molten, do something. Dragons, we need your help!" Atlanta called desperately.

Molten lowered his head.

"He's right Atlanta. We've seen Ryu's sufferings. We will only cause him more suffering if we ruin his only chance for eternal peace" Crystal said.

"I love Ryu. I'd prefer him dead than to see him suffer in loneliness. Dragons are harsh in that regard" Molten said.

"H-Hey bro! You can't leave! Remember our promise? We'll never abandon each other" Ken wept.