January 1

When I was still young, I use to plan ahead about how am I going to run my life the way I like it.

At age 16, I'll be taking up preparatory course for law. Either Pol Sci or Mass Com. But I ended up enrolling Secondary Education.

I will have my first and last boyfriend at the age of 18. He will be the one I am going to marry someday. But I had my first boyfriend, a month before I turn 18. And we broke up 2 days after. How ironic is that?

I should be teaching in my dream school, my Alma Mater, at the age of 20. I got stuck for 2 years after my graduation. I don't know why and how. I was hired in a Christian private school which is kilometers away from my hometown when I was 22.

On my 24th year, I should be in a relationship by then. I will get married after 3 years of a long engagement. Funny how life works. I'm already 27, turning 28 on 19th of January but still got no boyfriend after my first heartbreak. And that's 10 years ago.

That's what we do in reality. We plan ahead, we decide, we choose, we wanted to run our life the way we wanted it. We wanted to achieve those things we think are the best.

But life doesn't work that way. It doesn't always go your way. Until you realize that there is a God who knows better, who cares the most and who plans the best.

God said in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

It's okay to plan. It's okay to think about your future ahead of time and do what we can to make it happen. The wrong thing is that, if you silence God's voice about how He wanted to fulfill His plans for you because you keep on insisting what you wanted for your life. That's too selfish.

He has created you, he has given you life, he knows everything about you. So, if he has plans for you, know that it's what's best for you.

Stop resisting. Start trusting!

Only then, you will realize that God's plan is better. Better than all those dreams that didn't happen. You will thank Him someday for those unanswered prayers. For now, let him do His work behind the scene while you do your part of the bargain.

Wait patiently.

If the time is right, He will make it happen.

❤️