The Moon

TW: fighting, weapons, unconsciousness, blood, cursing, mention of wounds

The Duke— Remus cackled before lunging at Virgil. Luckily, the hero blocked the morning-star with his newly acquired bo staff, but somehow, he still got knocked unconscious.

.
.
.

Running water.

Cold and wet.

Arguing.

"Remus, darling, I told you not to..." the voice hesitated, adjusting the ice pack on Virgil's head, "...not to bludgeon him!"

"Yeah, but it was fun!" another voice responded. "Oh, the look on his face when he saw me! I'd kill to see that again."

Virgil groaned as the remaining effects of unconsciousness wore off. He rubbed his head as he blinked his eyes open.

"Oh! Is he awake? If he is, tell him—"

"Remus!"

"Alright, alright. I'll shut up. Jeez, man."

Once Virgil's eyes adjusted to the light levels in the quaint forest home, he turned to the figure beside him. Virgil yelped before confusion washed over him.

"Janus?" Virgil asked.

Janus hummed as he left the couch Virgil was seated on to return to his chair. "How's it coming, Remus?" he called to his boyfriend in the kitchen.

Remus clicked his tongue. "Well, it's not my blood so..."

Janus rolled his eyes. "So... Virgil, I wasn't aware you were a meta."

Only now did Virgil notice his mask and watch-not-watch were on the table in front of him. "Yeah," Virgil responded slowly. "I've only known a couple days. Still friends with your cousin. Far better than you, by the way."

Janus gasped. "Sticks and stones, Virgil. But I'm not here to talk about that disgusting little do-gooder cousin I have. I'm here to talk about one Logan Flores."

Virgil took in a slow breath as he leaned back. "Yeah, what about him?"

Janus crossed his legs as if he were a Disney villain. "Well, he— God damn it, Remus, not on the carpet!" he got up and teleported to where his boyfriend was getting blood on the pristine pale carpet.

Remus cackled, eliciting a glare from Janus. "Sorry, Janny," Remus apologized. "If my stupid, idiot, bitch brother hadn't bled on me, there wouldn't be his stupid, idiot, bitch blood on the carpet."

"If you hadn't opened a gash on his shoulder with your morning-star, there wouldn't be blood on the carpet, dear," Janus clarified, shoving Remus's blood-stained shirt back in the sink.

"C-Can I go yet?" Virgil asked from the couch.

"No," Janus and Remus replied in unison.

Janus sighed, running a hand through his hair as he stared at the small splatter of blood. "Whatever, I'll clean it up later. Go disinfect your morning-star, Remus."

As Remus headed up the stairs, Janus teleported back to Virgil and resumed his place in his chair.

"Where was I?" Janus asked, crossing his legs again. "Oh, yes, the part where Logan sucks. Anyway, he hired us like the naive moron he is, but I noticed his distinct lack of confidentiality."

"'Lack of confidentiality'?" Virgil repeated. "What do you mean? He's super secretive about, like, everything."

"Yeah, except, I don't know, personal information about his employees," Janus remarked. "Remus and I destroyed any files on us and exposed Logan's lies to the world. Except, apparently, that gets you fired? Rude. Anyway, he already, for lack of a better word, brainwashed my cousin. I don't want him doing the same to you."

"What, so now you steal to... prove a point?" Virgil asked, shifting uncomfortably.

Janus sighed. "I borrow and use for a better purpose to get by. Getting fired from being a hero doesn't exactly pay well. Oh, and, to top it all off, I'm a wanted criminal now, I guess. Regardless, I want you to give us the inside details on your lovely workplace. Sound good?"

"Absolutely not," Virgil answered, smirking. "No, hell no. Why the fuck would I do that?"

The heterochromatic gaze met Virgil's. A mirror, it seemed, was before him. Heroes and villains, what's the difference, really? Virgil hesitated, for he knew not. He left the house and, hopefully, his past with... them behind and traveled back to his new life.

"Aw, is he gone?" Remus asked from the foot of the stairs. "That's a shame. Anyway, lemme tell you about this necklace I was about to steal for you."

Janus waved him off as he gazed out the window at the purple and black figure tearing through the brush. "I'm sure it's lovely, dear..."

A/N:
Remus: Hey, look at this guy I found!
Janus:
Remus:
Janus: That's Virgil, you moron.
Art time!

As always, comments, questions, and theories are very much welcome

As always, comments, questions, and theories are very much welcome. Don't forget to hydrate!

~Tulip