24

A couple weeks later, Alison saw on social media that Noel had released a new song. It was called "A Dream Is All I Need to Get By. She wondered why he hadn't mentioned it when they texted the day before. She opened Spotify and played the song. She loved it and played it again when it finished. She listened more closely to the lyrics and got a suspicion that he had written it about her. 

...You were talking in your sleep
The secrets you were meant to keep
You should've kept them in your head
But you let them out instead

Some of us need it sometimes
A dream is all I need to get by
Some of us need it sometimes
A dream is all I need to get by
Some of us need it

You were talking 'bout the past
The days you said would never last
And now, the future's well behind
But I don't pay it any mind

Some of us need it sometimes
A dream is all I need to get by
Some of us need it sometimes
A dream is all I need to get by
Some of us need it

What for the love that got me so high?
Remember the days they made us feel so alive?
We're out on our own inside the city tonight
And tomorrow when the morning comes
I hope that you can walk it like you talk it, son
But now, the dream is over, the day is done
Say bye, bye
Bye, bye
Say bye, bye...

She thought back to the night she had dreamed about him and he heard her talking in her sleep. She smiled at the memory then listened to the song again.  She loved it, but the slight hint of sadness in the song made her feel a little down. She sent him a text.

"I love your new song. Did you write it about me?"

"You may have inspired a few tunes over the last couple years." He replied.

"I really like it."

"Good. I'll send you the other ones you inspired. They'll be coming out over the next few weeks when I release some EPs."

"Ok, thanks. I'd love to hear them."

How's Ava doing?"

"She's good." Alison replied and looked over at her playing on the floor with some toys.

"How are you?" He sent.

"I'm good. How are you?"

"Good. Feels good to be back at work and I'm looking forward to the gigs next week."

Ava stood and walked over to the couch.

"Up mama."

Alison smiled and pulled her up and she sat next to her on the couch. 

"I'm texting with Noel."

"Nono?" Ava looked around the room and put her hands up as if to say 'where did he go?'

"You miss him don't you baby." Alison said gently then suddenly got an idea and she texted Noel.

"Do you want to facetime with Ava? She would love it."

"Go on, put her on."

Alison smiled and looked at Ava.

"Do you want to talk to Noel?"

"Nono!" Ava smiled.

Alison connected to facetime and held the phone up to Ava. Noel's face appeared when he answered and Ava let out a big gasp.

"Nono! Nono!" She grinned and cried excitedly. 

Alison's heart melted as she watched them interact. She also couldn't help notice that he looked really good. Noel smiled at Ava's beautiful little face.