3

A week passed and Alison really wanted to go see Noel. She decided to wait until after she moved into her apartment with Sierra though. That way, she wouldn't have to lie to her parents about where she was going. A week later, Alison and Sierra were all moved into their apartment. It was nothing fancy, just a small two bedroom apartment, but Alison absolutely loved living with her best friend and being more independent. She felt like a real adult for the first time in her life.

That Friday, she decided to go see him. She drove to Noel's house alone. She wanted Sierra to come, but she had already made other plans. 

She parked in front of the house and walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. A few minutes later, the door opened and a man stood there. 

"Hi.....I was looking for Noel?"

"Sorry, no Noel here."

"Oh. Do you know when he'll be back?"

"No one lives here named Noel. I live alone." He looked at her annoyed.

"Oh." She looked at the man confused.

The man's face softened a little.

"I just moved in yesterday, so maybe whoever you're looking for lived here before me."

"Oh, ok. Sorry to bother you."

"No problem." 

She turned and walked back to her car. She got in and sat there. She wondered where Noel had gone. She really wanted to see him and felt a little disappointed.

She got home and sat on the couch thinking. Maybe her dad knew where he moved to? She wanted to text him and ask, but thought that would be weird. She really wanted to know where Noel lived now though so she thought up a cover story and texted her dad.

"Remember that house we went to on Christmas Eve? I drove by it the other night and it looked empty."

She sat waiting for a reply and felt so stupid, but her dad answered a few minutes later.

"Noel went back to London, he was just renting that house while he was here working. No one has moved in yet probably."

"Oh ok, that makes sense."

She put her phone down on the couch next to her and laid her head back. 

She figured she would never see him again and regretted not having sex with him when she had the chance or at least getting his number. 

A couple months later, Alison met her father for lunch one Saturday afternoon. They sat talking while they ate.

"I leave two weeks from tomorrow." He said.

"Where are you going again?"

"London. I'm working on Noel's new album."

Her heart started pounding and she looked up at her dad.

"You remember Noel, we went to his house on Christmas Eve?"

"Oh yeah." She smiled then a thought popped into her brain. 

"What if me and Sierra came with you?"

He looked at her confused.

"What for?"

"I've always wanted to go to London. I would be there for my birthday, right?"

"Yeah I think so, but I'll be working honey."

"So. Me and Sierra can hangout and sight see while you're working."

He looked at her unsure.

"Please? We'll pay for our own tickets."